Bin the CB

Lorry CB radio advice and troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

m1pete
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:13 am

Bin the CB and get on Amateur band, you will never look back, theirs mores drivers using ham band then CB now anyway.

Cheers m1pete.

http://www.m1pete.co.uk

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:37 pm

well radio ham is not used up here that often they have all passed ther test and come back on cb

:D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it

greenfingers
Needs to get out more!!
Needs to get out more!!
CB Handle: GREENFINGERS

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:52 pm

m1pete wrote:Bin the CB and get on Amateur band, you will never look back, theirs mores drivers using ham band then CB now anyway.

Cheers m1pete.

http://www.m1pete.co.uk
B**S
26TM777 26W777

extremedave
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:52 pm

what do u mean by amateur band?and how do you go about taking the test? there seems to be loads of truck drivers on the cb up this away around the quarry's

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:23 am

if it was not for cb ham radio would be in a declining mode

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

stonyman
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:03 pm

I use both CB and Amateur radio and to be perfectly honest they both have their place.

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:49 am

correct

:D :D :D :D :D :D

tobyw7
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:53 pm

I agree with stonyman.

CB radio offers reasonable range in-car communication without needing a license, or any hassle to go with that. I also am a Ham radio operator with an M3 call at the minute and know from experience that it just wouldn't work that well.

No etiquette as such or anything like that is required, politeness appreciated obvs. but Amateur Radio just wouldn't be suited for general leisure or business use.

Cheaper than a mobile phone but not a replacement. Radios can be picked up for a reasonable price and this is probably one of the advantages.

Compared with a 2M Mobile set nearly every single CB rig is cheaper, even the top-end ones.
>> 26-Tango Mike-129 : http://www.tangomike.net
>> 26-Foxtrot Bravo-132 : http://www.foxtrotbravo.co.uk

m1pete
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:06 pm

I come back to the forum 3 years later to say that I was wrong to say bin the CB. it has it's place, maybe not in Leicester where the good "spirit" of CB is abused by idiots constantly having a go at you if your not one of there little group, they seem to be lazy nodowells that sit on 19 and will not move off even though they are just sitting in their stinking beds waiting for the postman to bring their next Giro, what ever happen to the days when you could put the CB on and shout 19 for a copy, and if you was lucky a member of the opersite sex would reply and say yes you have a copy take it to ?? *love*

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:08 am

and (other company) rode horses plus you got manure for the roses

*King* *King* *King* *King*

clockworkorange
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:21 pm

m1pete wrote:I come back to the forum 3 years later to say that I was wrong to say bin the CB. it has it's place, maybe not in Leicester where the good "spirit" of CB is abused by idiots constantly having a go at you if your not one of there little group, they seem to be lazy nodowells that sit on 19 and will not move off even though they are just sitting in their stinking beds waiting for the postman to bring their next Giro, what ever happen to the days when you could put the CB on and shout 19 for a copy, and if you was lucky a member of the opersite sex would reply and say yes you have a copy take it to ?? *love*

that aint just in leicester!!!! but ill give ya it is bad up there!! been through a few times and give the smack head chavs as good as they gave me! :lol: :lol: