Whats the best setup??

Lorry CB radio advice and troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:27 am

totaly the wrong place with the r series mount at the top in one of the dust pockets if you are luckythere will be a power lead and entension speaker there mounting in the dash the set gets too hot and will lead to further problems plus up top you can hide the antenna cable and no leads will show mount the antenna on the top ridge and you will be sorted

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it

Shaky
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:35 am

Cheers Stampman, i'll have a go at that when i get 5 mins..

The bit that confused me is that the midland worked fine in the same place with the same setup :? :? :? BIZZARE :D
Dave

CLWYDIANRANGER
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:19 pm

Hi,I came on to seek some advice and info,lo and beholhd someone with the same problem as me.I have my rig above my head and still get similar problems oh I must add its an r cab scania,my midland was fine but I decided to fit a Team Roadcom better features and tidy lookin is the reason I went for it.But every one says I'm quiet,the ariel is a sirio 145 which seems to work fine.However the meter seems to show some interference with the ignition on wether or not the engine is running.It also recieves better if you hold the metal mike plug on the cb end of mike cable.I would be very grateful of any help thanks. :( #-o #-o

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:25 am

r series scannie will take a gutter mount at the rear very easily and swr perfectly the noise on the tx could be a variabler in the set giving up take it back to the repair guy and get it sorted unfortuneatley the set is aroll royce design with a fiat 500 engine inside

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ForzaCFC
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:09 pm

boyscout wrote:
Shaky wrote:Right now i'm using a maycom EM27 with a stinger aerial on a mirror mount. Haven't a clue how to use a swr meter so i bought the stinger because i was told it was pre-tuned???

Don't know for sure, but i think i'm getting out somewhere between 1.5 and 2 miles. Is this about right, or should be better than that???
Would i be better off with a mag mount???

cheers
Dave
I still think that you should try cutting a bit off the top of your antenna. even if it is pre swr'd. remember this has been swr'd on a test bench not your truck. As long as you have a good ground connection from your mirror. try cutting about 1/4 " off the end and see what the swr reading is. most of the time it will be higher on ch 40. then you must shorten the antenna. If you do not have a swr meter, get one. this is very important.
ATTN: If your in a DAF 105XF dont bother - leave the stock aerial on the bag of the truck and swr it in, you'll get down to 1.1 on ch20 1.3 across all 40.

Reason being is cab is shorted out, any other aerial at vertical wont swr under 2.5, you'll get down to 1.5 swr with aerial at 45 degree ( Totally useless ) and dont bother mirror mounting unless you want to run earth strap into bodywork - your boss will love that on a £90,000 truck - believe me I found out the expensive way after purchasing 3 aerials from sirio 4000 megawatt, plus m145 magmount to dv27 - everyone totally useless on this truck #-o .
cheers 73's ForzaCFC

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:35 am

sounds like a mic lead problem take the mic back and ask them to swop it may cure the problem

:D :D :D *King* *King* *King*

killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
CB Handle: killer cam

Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:46 pm

Bodger wrote:Your not going to believe this.. :D My SWR is down to 1

:D :D :D
same on home base tho :D
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me