advice needed

Lorry CB radio advice and troubleshooting

Moderators: stampman, FISH

hunty
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:06 pm

hi great forum glad i found this site ive got a iveco eurostar 44 tonner if i put two mirror mounts on it will i need to earth the mounts as most of the cab is fiber glass and do i gain anything from having two whips one on each mirror

hunty
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:57 pm

oh nobody knows then ???????

breaker 19
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:16 pm

i woudn't have thought that you would get any sort of better reception and yes it would need a earth from the mount

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:11 am

twin antenna focus your signa in as figuar 8 pattern this works wel;l in the states on long stright roads but not in england far better getting a very godd antenna sirio 4000 or wilson 100 these are good all round performers and would work a lot better
for ground plane all you can do is put the meter on and work from there if higher on 1 than 40 you need more ground plane if higher on 40 cut whip
hope this helps

:D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it

Basilsparents
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:23 pm

It is POSSIBLE to wire two antennaes into a radio, but is very unusual nowadays unless you have a particular sentence... go for it :D You'd have to check how it's done, though :?

Paul (2H3CK)
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:43 pm

A point to remember when using two aerials connect or co-phased is that you don't use 50 Ohm coax but 75 Ohm. When using this method its much better to buy a purpose made co-phase harness so you know its correct to start with. Also you need to get the aerials as close to a 1/4 wavelength apart as possible. 1/4 wavelength at 11 metre band is basically 108" or 9' but on most lorries its not possible. When adjusting SWR adjust both twigs the same and make sure the mounts are well earther through the mirror mounts.

Hope this helps....P
All the best.....73....P

killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
CB Handle: killer cam

Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:23 pm

the question about two anntenis to one radio

yes you can thunderpole sell these annteni switches witch the end plugs into the radio and theres two holes for the two anntenis and a switch two flick from one to the other :D
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:52 am

not worth the hassel look for somewhere to mount it on the back of the waggon or use an omega 27 mounted on a gutter mount these work very well

:D :D :D :D *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: wildfire.

Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:00 pm

hi hunty,

as stampman has said not many people use two aerials on there trucks in the uk but to run two aerials on your truck you will need a splitter like the zetagi AX2 splitter on this link http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/cb_accessories_misc.htm and most trucks these days have fiber glass most truckers these days just have a gutter mount attached to the back of there trucks for good ground plane.