Looking for advice

General Mobile CB antenna advice and troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

Ace of Spades Cafe
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Hello, I am about to open a roadside cafe which is made up of two large converted shipping containers in a layby which is approx 300 ft long, my main customer base will be truckers, I have been asked if I will put in a CB radio so they can make orders before they arrive and I understand that if I get a decent whip it will also boost their signal when they are parked, so I am after your collective knowledge and experience to tell me what system to buy, I want an aerial that will transmit at least 10 miles and won't be affected by the 20 tons of metal around it.
Thank you in advance for any replies.

andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:42 am

You really need to get the antenna lifted high up above the metalwork, so a couple of 6 foot poles attached together on the side of the container, with a decent base antenna on top should easily give you 10 miles.

Something like the Thunderpole 5 should do the trick... https://www.thunderpole.co.uk/base-cb-a ... ole-5.html

Andy :wink:

AppleTree
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
CB Handle: Ben

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:31 am

This is an awesome idea! I'd love to be able to drive up to a Cafe and order by radio!
Get a few scaffhold poles, weld or clamp them together and weld the bottom one to the side of your container. Stick a base antenna on that and BOOM! You're on!
Better make sure it's all earthed well though lol.
One Life, Live It!

Buzzin' Around Channel 11 Usually.