Homebase Aerials

General Mobile CB antenna advice and troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

joe jeep
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
CB Handle: Joe-Jeep

Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:03 pm

I am looking for a homebase aerial, and was having a look at Thunderpole's range of homebase antenna's and noticed that they were awfully tall . Now I know there is a 0.94m aerial but that won't give me the range I wanted. I was wondering, if I could put the tallest mobile aerial up there, also I would obviously like the biggest range possible but with the smallest aerial. I would like to mount it on the side of my house about 25 - 30 feet up. I was thinking about the 1/2 wave 5.30m but considering the house next door is only 10 feet away, I was unsure if anything might hapeen causing damage to his property. could you give me your ideas and opinions and I will see what will solve my issue best.

Cheers
Joseph

Channel 26
West Sussex Coast.
Handle:Joe-Jeep
On either UK19 or if you cant find me there try UK26.

26-TM-037
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:22 am

You would need ground planes if using a mobile antenna to act as a car roof does...Big is better and height is might in the world of radio Joseph...in reality use nothing less than an 18ft 1/2 wave. anything smaller will give very very disappointing results. as will loft mounted antennas ..Stay far far away from those Excaliber/Bazooka type antennas too.....

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:31 am

as long as it is mounted corectly then there will be no problem at all with any antenna you chose

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it