swr on ml 145

General Mobile CB antenna advice and troubleshooting
spectra
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

Hi to all, i have just purchased a ml 145 ( mag mount ) and i can,t get the swr down to the required readings stated on the instructions which are 1.1:1 on ch 1 and 1.3:1 on ch 40 ,by the way i have a maycom em 27,

the readings i am getting are 1.4 on ch 1 and 1.7 on ch 40 and thats after moving the antenna about on the roof of my astra, i got the above readings when its near the cars radio arial.

can i do anything to improve my readings ? :roll:
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

leave well alone there are somepeople who would kill for that kind of swr

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
spectra
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

thanks stampman, i,m a bit finiky when it comes to following instructions if its says that on the label kind of thing, but if i,m getting advice from an expert and thats what i,ll stick at, 1.4 it is then i, m happy with that, cheers and all the best :D
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

if you realy want to play them try cutting 1/4 of an inch off the whip

:D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
boyscout
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

It worked for me. but please only cut off 2 to 5 mm at a time. don't go crazy when chopping off bits of your antenna. :P Could not belive the SWR reading went so low.
kester58
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

it's Italian and hence on the EU scale, will need nearly an inch taken off the top to be able to swr on the UK band; do so in 1/4 in. increments
wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: wildfire.

hi buddy,

the ML 145 is a great antenna as i used one what you could do to lower your SWR is not to cut the antenna as this method does not always work :roll: but i would recommend putting your antenna in the center of your roof where antennas actually should be, also will in prove with your radiation pattern a bit as well :wink: but your SWR is not all to bad as it is & if your happy as it is & if it is working alright thats the main thing.