Coax cable length

General Mobile CB antenna advice and troubleshooting
stewartyboy01824
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Hi there.

I wonder if you all could answer some questions on the length of my coax.

As my cb sits in the right hand corner of my tractor cab and my aerial is on the right hand mirror arm I have them joined together with a 50cm length of RG213 coax so relitavly short and the swr is excellent, the reason being (in my thinking anyway) that it has to be better than a 3 or 4 meter length being bunched up in the roof lining probably close to other electrical cables, and I've used mini 8 before and it worked a lot better than standard coax so I thought I would try something thicker again, and in my mind, the shorter the distance between cb and aerial the less distance the signal has to travel and less coax for interference to worm in, therefore better performance, although this is something u will hav to clarify for me. So.....

1) Does it matter if the coax is 50cm long or 4m long between your set and antenna?

2) Would there be any difference in performance having a shorter or longer piece of coax?

3) Will I really see an improvement in using RG213 coax to any other?

Many thanks for your help and I'm happy and interested to hear as many opinions as I can and feel free to tell me what you all are using in your set ups. Regards. Stewart
Midget
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

HI Stewart.
No, No, & No.
You are not going to see the difference over such small distance.
If it was 4m to 100m you may see a small difference.

Midget.