Siro 827 help please

General Mobile CB antenna advice and troubleshooting
scousepaul876
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
CB Handle: TC

I am looking for some advise on the siro 827 I want to swr the Antenna for the 27.555 and also I use 27.385 so do I do the Guide on the instructions 27.5 says tune 300 mm if I set it to this will the swr be very high on the 27.385 also do I measure from the tip of the antenna with the plastic top off to the grub screw on the top section on the 827 any help will be appreciated.
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

To roughly find the resonant point of an antenna i use an old multy mode set to high band and spin the channel dial back and forth about fifteen or twenty channells while keyed up and watch the SWR meter for the lowest dip , then adjust the length of the antenna to get the lowest dip at the frequency i want to use most.
Ive never had a 827 and dont quite understand your mesurement but im guessing that you have been told to set the top section at 300mm in length , Well it should be a good place to start but i usually find that the mast pole length will have an effect on the lenght the antenna needs to be for best SWR ,
Also 27.555 and 27,385 are to close together to make any difference on the SWR meter .
radiodawg259
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

To set the SWR you make the top whip longer or shorter.The top whip is where the top set screw is ..... =D>
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

set it up as a std swr as you would normaly

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it