Base station vertical

General Mobile CB antenna advice and troubleshooting
68AT110
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

I've been away from radio for a few years, and am getting back on the air very soon. I still havent decided on a base vertical, and have narrowed it down to 3 possibilities, the Solarcon A99, the Sirio 827 or the Vortex Quasar 82 Mk2. I am aware the Vortex is in a different price league altogether, but if it were miles a head of either of the others I would have no hesitation in purchasing one. I have a preference for the 827 as it seems to be well made and is a good performer. What do those who are active on 27mhz think? Will the Vortex be markedly better than the 827 or the A99?
AppleTree
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
CB Handle: Uncle Bulgaria

A year has gone past, what did you buy?
You Can Find Me On Channel 19 Usually.
Or 145.500 FM 8-)

My YouTube Channel RustySkull Productions
wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: wildfire.

OMG I've been away for to long 😯 but anyway guys hello 😆

it depends on your location if your in a valley then a 1/4 wave homebase would work great for you as the signal will bounce all over to get your signal further,

if your on flat land & can see for miles or on a hill the old classical Antron 99 with a fireup upgrade for the Antron will turn the Antron from a 1/2 wave to a 5/8 wave & will be stronger against strong winds ect,

hope this information helps buddy but what ever you picked or pick good luck with it 👍
AppleTree
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
CB Handle: Uncle Bulgaria

I'd say an iMax2000 really...
You Can Find Me On Channel 19 Usually.
Or 145.500 FM 8-)

My YouTube Channel RustySkull Productions