help with cb radio - CRT ONE

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

borbala
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Mon May 11, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi all.. I got one of these tiny CRT ONE cb radios and installed it in my car along with a little wil antenna. Since Ive installed and tuned the antenna I have been picking up all sorts of transmissions.. mostly entirely spanish and norwegian fisherman all day long. I live on east coast of Scotland. Some days almost every channel is choc a bloc with this lot. The spaniards quite often like to fill a few channels playing music for their mates. Lol. A friend of mine fired up an old cb radio at home he got and he doesn't pick up the fisherman but does pickup the odd passing truckers having a convo. Once he finds a trucker convo .. I then mess with my squelch etc. I can pick it up as well but not as clear as his radio. He also doesn't pick me up. One day I started transmitting at his house and drove the 2 miles home transmitting on the agreed channel the whole way home which is way up a hill and he never picked up anything I transmitted at any distance. Any ideas why? I'm still trying to figure my CRT ONE out but, I usually get the most and clearest transmissions when I set the ASQ to 6 and no Rf Gain. In fact, I never pick anything up when I try to use RF Gain. Any tips would be greatly received.

padster
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
CB Handle: night owl

Mon May 11, 2015 11:59 pm

you may be best asking andy on this one from thunderpole :D

andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin

Tue May 12, 2015 1:50 pm

Sorry we don't sell that radio so can't really advise on the settings...

It may be worth getting in touch with whoever sold it to you.

Andy :wink:

HighwayPatrol
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
CB Handle: Highway Patrol

Tue May 31, 2016 10:45 pm

The only advice i can give is look for the rig on test on you tube.I have the CRT One N that has the S meter and im still trying to figure out the RF gain myself, lol I have tried mine on all settings from 06 right up to 54 and still dont undertand it. Good luck anyway
Baofeng UV 5R
CRT Superstar 3900

Now a member of Charlie Tango Group.

26 CT 2325 :D

Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:35 pm

It sounds like the CRT 1 is set to the spanish band , Hold in the A/F button while switching on then use the mike buttons to scroll to from EU to the UK Band .

simon007
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
CB Handle: Simon007

Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:05 pm

borbala wrote:Hi all.. I got one of these tiny CRT ONE cb radios and installed it in my car along with a little wil antenna. Since Ive installed and tuned the antenna I have been picking up all sorts of transmissions.. mostly entirely spanish and norwegian fisherman all day long. I live on east coast of Scotland. Some days almost every channel is choc a bloc with this lot. The spaniards quite often like to fill a few channels playing music for their mates. Lol. A friend of mine fired up an old cb radio at home he got and he doesn't pick up the fisherman but does pickup the odd passing truckers having a convo. Once he finds a trucker convo .. I then mess with my squelch etc. I can pick it up as well but not as clear as his radio. He also doesn't pick me up. One day I started transmitting at his house and drove the 2 miles home transmitting on the agreed channel the whole way home which is way up a hill and he never picked up anything I transmitted at any distance. Any ideas why? I'm still trying to figure my CRT ONE out but, I usually get the most and clearest transmissions when I set the ASQ to 6 and no Rf Gain. In fact, I never pick anything up when I try to use RF Gain. Any tips would be greatly received.
Guess to late now, but I have my squelch on the CRT no more than level 3
Writer of Comms from Europe Radio User Magazine