Swr meter and how to use

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

Dolphin
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:16 pm

Sorry for being a dingbat but anyone know how to check my antenna from start to finish also what am I looking for do I connect meter to antenna to swr antenna

Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Vidio is probably best way to learn . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhBNNagCzh4

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:24 am

first connect the coax between the meter and the cb next connect thee antenna to the connection marked antenna on the meter
use the lowest channel on the cb ie:channel 1 on eu or mid band and press the mic switch to get a movement on the swr meter use the knob on the meter so set the needle to SET at the end of the red section not forgetting to have the small switch in the FWD position.
when set then flick the switch over to the read position and note the position that the needle falls to hopefully about 2.
repeat the above instructions the on channel 40 uk and again note the position of the needle in the read position

IF IT READS HIGHER IN THE UK POSITION THEN CUT A BIT OFF THE END TO SHORTEN THE WHIP and repeat with the readings untill the antenna reads about 1.5 on the channel you are going to use the most

IF IT READS LOWER ON CHANNEL 1 MIDBAND then it is possable you have a bad earth some where or bad connection

hope the helps

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

Dolphin
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:34 pm

Thanks guys