General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

Studmuffin
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi folks

2 Questions i guess.

i am looking into the possibility of using CB radio in rental cars we have at work. We cant make any mods to the cars, so i was initially we looking in too a radio design with a cigarette plug (Cobra 29 LX EU, Cobra 75 ST CB EU or Thunderpole T-2000) and a magnet mounted antenna, these radios were designed with a (fused) cigarette plug, but as thunderpole offer the option of adding a plug to other cb's my questions are

Is this aftermarket option's as good as a radio designed for this option originally (ie the radios listed above) and would the aftermarket cigarette plug option be fused or an unfused plug. I have heard that a fused plug is the better option?

Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated

Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:20 pm

New radios allways come with a inline fuse on the power lead so no need to buy a more expensive fused plug a unfused shoul suffice . If your motors do not have a USB socket then a double or multy cigaret adaptor may be a good option so you can charge the phone and still leave the CB pluged in .

Studmuffin
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Hi

Thank you Dragonfly... :wink: .looks like we are going with Thunderpole T-2000 in any case seems to do everything we need :)

studmuffin