CB Radio Callsign ( And some questions( new

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

ASPWLF
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:51 am

Hello I just got a cb today someone gave it to me years ago and found it and I've managed to get it working picking up signals

Ok so I watch YouTube a lot and people using cbs and people ask for your callsign just like they do on a ham radio but I though you don't need one to talk on cb?

See I was just hoping to now I have it setup literally just say HELLO and start talking but will people start asking for callsigns and other stuff again I don't know nothing about radioing nothing

I'm just 19 and idk I seem to love radios hooby I have a ham but no license so ATM I just listen to repeaters idk why but it seems fun I want license ain't got money yet so yeah but cb I have and uh yeah

So can I just go on my cb and just say hello can you hear me XD ? Or what?

Also I know channel 9 is emergency so I'm guessing don't speak on that?? But can I speak on every other channel

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:55 am

no when the was a licence fee for cb the they did issue callsigns but they never caught on and everyone still used there original names so just dive in and enjoy

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

Dickie831
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:01 am

ASPWLF,
I am in same boat fella... just got a CB for my Motorhome.. had no idea what callsign to'make up' for myself.. asked about and was told.. not to bother.. some of the guys that have been on for years still use theirs, but .. not to bother, really.
Richard