Harvard 410T

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring

Moderator: stampman

AppleTree
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
CB Handle: Ben

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:41 am

I've just picking this hand held up, it seems to be doing some strange things...

I have brand new 100% changed batteries in it, when you turn it on, the digital channel display dims and flickers, when you key up, the meter only moves to 3.

Also it will not transmit, or receive. However when you key up, the Tx/Rx light comes on...

If you leave it on, sometimes the display becomes brighter, and noise happens, once I spoke to myself, for about 2 minutes when it worked, but then it went back to its normal state.

In research I have heard they used cheap and bad quality power wires on these? Has anyone has this issues before? As I don't want to be taking it apart if this isn't likely to be the fix.

On inspection they seem alright... Everything is soldered on and nothing seems to be loose inside...
One Life, Live It!

Buzzin' Around Channel 11 Usually.

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:19 am

could be ptt switch on broken antenna connection

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

AppleTree
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
CB Handle: Ben

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:21 am

stampman wrote:could be ptt switch on broken antenna connection

*King* *King* *King* *King*
The wire from the antenna seems alright, it's soldered both ends and the wire itself seems intact...

The switch seems to work, it says it is transmitting, the light goes to red, and the meter moves, but only to 3. When it worked for a few minutes, the meter went to 9 when I keyed up.
One Life, Live It!

Buzzin' Around Channel 11 Usually.