static problems

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring

Moderator: stampman

sparky1251
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:48 pm

many yrs ago it was our cb's causing the problems.

now I'm hoping someone can help me out here.im running a anytone cb radio,sirio gainmaster.
I got it all set up,swr 1.2 across the bands perfect.
the problem I have is really spoiling how well I receive.my transmission is excellent.i was getting a constant +10 through every band.

I do have a cctv system which I was told could be the problem.i managed to cure this using two ferrite rings on the power supply to this device and it has stopped the interference.

I'm still getting 7 pounds of static sometimes 9lb constantely making anyone under this hard to hear and only local stations being clear.ive done what a few have said turned off the house supply and run my radio on a car battery to illuminate the problem but its still occurring,

ive took a ground from my power supply to radio no different.

would an earth from the radio or earth from ariel to a ground rod help?.

I have noticed when there is no antenna connected the signal is zero.
if I place a 6" piece of wire in the radio antenna socket,i get 30+ of hash/static.

I'm lost and really want to get back into my cb radio after a very long time out.what chatting I'm doing is within a mile radius at the moment.anything over this is a struggle.

really hope you guys have a solution.if I cant find a solution then I'm afraid I might aswell give up.
I'm not a quitter lol,i really have tried everything without success for this past two wks.only thing left to try is earthing to ground.

many thanks mark.

73's.

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:21 pm

if the interference goes when the antenna is pulled then it is rf airborne and you have to find the source and stop it there

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

stewartyboy01824
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:22 pm

I had this exact same problem when I had a base station a few years ago, I had a Harvard home base and silver rod right on top of the chimney, for years it worked brilliantly, spoke for miles! then all of a sudden one day I was receiving 5 pounds of static and never got rid of it! I put it down to an electricity transformer on a pole about 25 yards from the house. im sure it wasn't there before and when I noticed it looked a new piece of equipment so I'm now convinced it was that giving me constant interference.
so I would check outside your house if there's any substantial pieces of electrical equipment strapped to poles or pylons close to your house, failing that try a different position for your aerial its obviously picking up something it doesn't like. good luck! Stewart.

sparky1251
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:04 am

well ive tried a copper earth rod 4ft into the ground.brought an earth cable from the base of the antenna to pole and then to ground.unfortunately no different.

recentely purchased a grandstand Homebase,thought an older chasis may make a difference,as I have been told that anytones do bring a lot of rubbish.it had made a slight difference but not a grt deal.i borrowed a hand held and walked around my local area.i have a mini substation around 50yds from my home,and found a considerable difference when getting closer to it.

if it is this causing the problem,there isn't a grt deal I can do about it unfortunately.apart from relocation or getting the antenna higher,im shooting a dead duck.my antenna isnt at a grt height compared to what I'm used to.as mentioned I'm using a gain master,the base of which is only gutter height.maybe another 10ft higher may make a difference.something I will have to try when the weather is a little better.

thanks for the replys chaps,im at a rutt at the moment.

stewartyboy01824
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:27 pm

I can almost guarantee it's the substation giving you the problem! Not sure what to suggest but good luck. Stewart