rm kl503

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring

Moderator: stampman

sparky1251
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:23 pm

yet another question I hope someone can answer.

not a massive fan of amplifiers but picked this one up very cheap.kl503.
it was only a month old when I purchased it so in mint condition.

outgoing the amp is absolutely fine and delivers around 450watts which I would expect,rather than the 600 quoted,absolute joke when they 600 watts,impossible of the tranny that's in there.

question is pre-amp dosnt work,switch it on signal disappears.back off it comes back.this fault I new about when buying the linear,but not being a lover of preamps anyways,it didn't put me off buying it.afterall it was worth the 40 notes I paid for it.

not overly botherd if it never gets fixed to be honest,just thought if it was an easy fix I would sort it.
have the 3 internal fuses got anything to do with it?.

73's mark.

Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:34 pm

Not had one of these amps but check the switch is working properly and all its contacts are soldered properly .
Schematic http://s190.photobucket.com/user/mkubia ... f.jpg.html

sparky1251
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:11 pm

done the above and still no joy.checked the rest of the connections throughout the amp and everything inside is neat and tidy.didnt come across any dry joints etc.

got talking to the lad I bought it from,he said it went off within 3 days of buying it.if that was me it would have been sent strait back.warrenty dosnt cover the finals I know but preamp side is coverd.

ile see if anyone else comes up with any sujjestions before I go further.others have said it may be a blown diode.all fuses are ok and to be honest,dosnt look as though have anything to do with the preamp anyways.still not a grt loss,just thought if it was a simple fix it would be worth doing.

managed to sort out the static problem.not by changing or moving the antenna,but ive installed a home made long wire with incredible results.cant believe I'm 1 signal up on the gainmaster.find it grt for the dx side of things,so happy days.

73's mark.