puxing 777

PMR446 Radio advice and troubleshooting

randombod
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: randombod

does anyone knwo if this radio can have the 446 freq added to it, if so how on earth do i do it i dont have the pc software to do it that way found what i believe is the 446 freq on thunderpole main site but i am struggling to program the radio (maybe it just cant be done
clockworkorange
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

randombod wrote:does anyone knwo if this radio can have the 446 freq added to it, if so how on earth do i do it i dont have the pc software to do it that way found what i believe is the 446 freq on thunderpole main site but i am struggling to program the radio (maybe it just cant be done
IT CAN BECAUSE I RUN ONE ON 446.TURN THE RADIO OFF PRESS AND HOLD THE MONI KEY ON THE SIDE ALONG WITH THE MENU KEY TURN THE RADIO ON AND IT WILL DISPLAY SELF, THIS MEANS YOU CAN NOW TYPE IN THE FREQ. YOU REQUIRE
randombod
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

tried that using the listed freq ont he thunderpole 446 list on main web site yet the silly thing wont let me put them in as i type 446.025 etc and it just clears it HELP lol !!!
clockworkorange
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

you need to set the freq. step to 6.25 steps
randombod
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

now you have lost me as i have lost me book i do have other items stored on there i take it it will make a difference to them
clockworkorange
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

no it shouldnt. press menu turn the knob till it reads channel stepping ( step ) and press enter then select 6.25 press enter and then vfo/mr twice to exit :)
randombod
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

cheers for that bud i'll give it ago i have the freq off thunderpole so here is hoping
randombod
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

You local to darlington north east ,i am very close to throwing the radio as i canna get the darn thing to program if u r fancy a guvy job programming it lol
clockworkorange
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

randombod wrote:You local to darlington north east ,i am very close to throwing the radio as i canna get the darn thing to program if u r fancy a guvy job programming it lol
sorry im down in dorset :roll: its a shame cause i run them with FANTASTIC results i also use the 888 again VERY good radios :D
randombod
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

i just dont know what i am doing wrong with this radio.. i think imanaged to step it but how will i know it shows 6.25 when i go in to the settings yet i still for some stupid reason cant add the channels and save them i must be thick -

Andy do you know about these little radios and are you at peterbrough landrover show again?
randombod
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

This is a call for help for someone who coudl possibly program the 446 range ch 1-8 on to this little radio as i am sure as hell pants at it does anyone in the north east know a shop / how to do it my good mate above has tried to give me the step by step (thank you ) but i am just being thick so any help is apprechiated
randombod
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

hi guys i am still struggling to prog the 446 freq to this little radio i have been unable to alter the freq and save them any one got a step by step guide in plain english please

cheers
Bionic Budgie
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: Bionic Budgie

Hi.

Puxing radios are very good, I have 1 VHF and 1 UHF and use them often. It might be that the radio doesn,t have 6khz steps. I programmed mine to the nearest freq and it works fine. Set the feq step to 5khz..The freqs are;

Channel 1..446.005
Channel 2..446.020
Channel 3..446.030
Channel 4..446.040
Channel 5..446.055
Channel 6..446.070
Channel 7..446.080
Channel 8..446.095

Hope This Helps.

Bionic Budgie
Diss 20
My Only Worry Is That When I Die..My Wife Will Sell My Radio Gear For What I Told Her I'd Paid For It!