KENWOOD TK3201 > MIDLAND G8

PMR446 Radio advice and troubleshooting

mar.600
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

HI GUYS

JUST NEW TO THE FORUM.

I HAVE A KENWOOD TK3201 CONNECTED TO MY AUTOCOM SYSTEM ON MY BIKE AND TRYING TO CONNECT IT TO A MIDLAND G8 PMR 446.
HERES THE FUN PART I CAN SPEAK FROM THE MIDLAND TO THE KENWOOD NO PROBS CRYSTAL CLEAR .
THE KENWOOD DOES NOT SPEAK TO THE MIDLAND. WHEN TRANS. ON THE KENWOOD THE GREEN LIGHT COMES AND ON THE MIDLAND IS RECEIVING A SIGNAL BUT ITS JUST A CLIPING NOISE . NO SPEECH.

IF I DISCONNECT IT FROM THE AUTOCOM ITS JUST THE SAME HANDHELD.

ON THE MIDLAND IS SET ON CHANNEL 3 AND CTC TONE 13. HAVE TRYED OTHER CHANNELS
THIS SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY ONE IT CONNECTS TO.

THE KENWOOD IS ON CHANNEL 3 AND I THINK ITS ON TONE 13 ??

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN TRY , MIND YOU I AM NOT TECHNICALLY MINDED
ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT
CHEERS
MAR. [-o<
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

sorry no experience of these sets could be the deviation is wrong on on one of the sets but you need to find a very good repair man with all the scopes and meters to try and sort it out

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

The Kenwood TK3201 appears to be a 16 channell business class radio while the midland G8 is a 8 channell free to use PMR 446 so im suprised that they communicate at all but im no expert on handhelds and they may be able to programe to the same frequency .
clockworkorange
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

The ken wood is a 16 ch UHF handheld which is software programable id would say you have the wrong sub channel possibly? Tx on the kenwood and scan the sub channels on the midland you should be able to find it. If the two radios are on diff sub channels but are in close proximity the will still sort of break the squelch! Hope this helps! :D
Pablo69
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

You can programme the Kenwood without the need for software.

Instructions can be found in chapter 16 here.

http://images.kenwood.eu/files/images/p ... manual.pdf
mwmarcus
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Only way to get this to work is by using the programming software and the programming lead. This is easier to sees the problem when you have a clear look at what's going on.