baofeng BF 888S

PMR446 Radio advice and troubleshooting

macc
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Hi Guys
Just got a pair of these that work well, now I am aware that the out of the box frequencies should not be used in the uk.
Now I have a programming lead and chirp software and have tried using PMR 446 settings, but when uploaded to radios they will not communicate with each other. If I revert to out of box frequencies they are fine. Obviously I am missing something basic any ideas ?
macc
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Hi

Just an update to say baofeng 888s sorted and working legally, many thanks for the input.
Seem to be a good robust entry level little toy.
MrMagoo
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
CB Handle: Mr Magoo

macc wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:05 pm Hi

Just an update to say baofeng 888s sorted and working legally, many thanks for the input.
Seem to be a good robust entry level little toy.
Or as legal as a baofeng can be on 446 :p I run my uv-5r on 446 just waiting on a whip ant atm but for short range comms with family ect i use old cb and 446 walkie talkies that ar e Ofcom approved just because I know some hams aren't happy if you use baofeng for n normal 466 use plus on my binatone set I can get the distances I need anyway my baofeng I use for Dx but I also use it to listen in to repeaters and just disable the off since I'm not licenced and atm don't foresee I time I will want to be