Motorola T5622 with T80 Extreme in Group mode

PMR446 Radio advice and troubleshooting

New to the Scene
New to the Scene

In the Scout Group of which I am a leader we use Motorola T80 Extreme radios set up in a Group of eight individual handset IDs.
This works well and it is easy-peasy for technophobe and technophile alike to call either the group or one specific handset.

I personally own two Motorola T5622 radios originally purchased for motorbike-to-motoribike comms via Autocom helmet mounted interface and at this task these devices are excellent.

My challenge is that whilst I can get the T5622 and T80 Extreme radios to talk to each other if I remove the latter from Group mode, I cannot get them to work together with the latter in Group mode, even on the same channel and code. The fact that the channel and code are in use is detected both by the T5622 and T80 Extreme but neither will ring and neither will support voice to the other.

There is no mention of group mode in the T5622 documentation so I presume that this model doesn't support it and to get both types of radio to work together I need to come out of Group mode and lose the benefits of it?

Thanks.
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

:-sleep
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

sorry wrong site for the information you are after and it works on the principle that if you dont know you dont say

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it