Some Intresting News About CB Radios.

General Chat - one nine for a roger!

Moderator: stampman

Guzzy
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: Guzzy

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Looks like we might hear on or about the 19th of July 2011 and any changes would come into effect in 2012.

needle bender
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:18 am

Ok,thanks for info....in the meantime is there anyone we can lobby?.....anything that can be done to bring about a positive result??...maybe a bit late in the day for all that now......now here is one for you...i believe you reside in or about the south east,london area??....not knowing your age group, do you or anyone else come to that remember a london cabby who wrote articles in one of the cb mags....handle was mack the hack......I did copy him a couple of times back in the old days...think he was cb/amatuer...just wondering if he is still about???...

Guzzy
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:56 am

No, there's no one you can lobby about this decision.

You could attempt to convince an MP to propose future changes, but you would need an awful lot of backing. Basically, the answer is, no.

I think we would be better off lobbying Europe. We stand a better chance of arguing unfair practice in the European courts than trying to convince the UK government to be fair and reasonable about this. Image

I'm in Gilligham (Medway Towns - about 30 miles East of London), and I don't specifically remember the guy you are talking about.

needle bender
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:33 am

Well,lets sit tight then,,i do feel that we will get a positive result though,,,if not maybe we can pursue this as you suggest at a later date if cber,s have the will to do it!!....at least on the positive side it should bring about some new legal multimodes onto the scene....though if going by the jackson they will be overpriced in my view..i'm still pondering over the new yeticom optima,not overpriced either..just gotta convince the old seat cover its what i need ha, ha...some hope there....

Guzzy
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:40 pm

needle bender wrote:... if cber,s have the will to do it!!
I doubt it.

I don't even think that Thunderpole (who make their living selling CB's) have any 'will' to get involved. If one of the main UK retailers/distributors for CB radio isn't getting involved, what chance has any individual or small group of individuals got?

needle bender
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:47 pm

well lets wait and see...you know what they say from little acorns!!!.....plant one and see....maybe thunderpole will come on board if they see a ground swell of opinion!....isn't the truth though that a lot of cber,s now hold found/inter and full amatuer tickets and have become elitist...not wanting to put their ticket on the line...i have found this occasionally when out at the dx sites,,go say hi to some of them tell them your working 11 metres and you get a big oh!!!...thats not true of all i must admit...most being happy to talk radio and letting you check out their radio gear...if you wanna see snobbery in action go down to poldhu cove in cornwall on Marconi day...its where the man himself made the first transatlantic call to newfoundland,,,,just dont turn up with your old uniden and a dv27....i for one think that if marconi were alive today he would be for cb the peoples radio....hey,,i have gone off the subject and into rant mode sorry about that.....

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:26 am

needle bender we expect nothing less from you

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

Bionic Budgie
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: Bionic Budgie

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:49 am

Re Mack The Hack...

He was/is good friends with Richard from Coastal Communications in Clacton. Next time I see Richard, I,ll ask him and let you know.

Budgie
Diss 20 Channel 28
My Only Worry Is That When I Die..My Wife Will Sell My Radio Gear For What I Told Her I'd Paid For It!

needle bender
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:27 pm

yeah,,thats great,it will be nice to know what he is doing these days...I was working in london in the early days of cb,,am and uk fm..took part in some of the demo's for the legalisation of what we really wanted which was the american fcc am frequencies...there was a great feeling of solidarity amongst us which the cber's of today dont possess,,,always liked reading mack the hacks articles in the cb mags..radio and antenna reviews anything that was cb related i devoured!!!...hope old mack the hack is well..be nice to know if he still uses cb radio??..10.10 good buddy..

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Ofcom | Citizens’ Band (CB) radio – Authorising Amplitude Modulation (AM) modes of operation -...

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it