- - -> CB God <- - -

Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:15 pm

ANYTHING NEW STAMPMAN YET.
26 TANGO MIKE 501

needle bender
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:39 pm

hi,what we need to do is demand from the authorities the right to multimode cb operation,and not be fobbed off with their reasons for not doing so!....cb radio could be given a bright new start,,and nurtured properly..ie cb licence,,official call sign,,it would be on a par with amatuer radio,,,and why not.cb radio and amatuer radio are one and the same!..and before anyone says to me go take the foundation licence..hell no,,im a cb man right from the early days,,when i used to go into the countryside to operate on a.m,,and i will continue to operate outside the law,if i cant operate within it..needlebender

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:21 am

if it becomes licensed again it will become a protected frequency with all that entails so they ain't going to do it they don't have the manpower

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

Guzzy
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: Guzzy

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Looks like the EU is moving towards a unified CB standard.

4W FM & AM with 12W SSB on the CEPT (EU) 40 channels.

It would seem that most European countries will be adopting the standard.... except the UK.

Surprise surprise.
In last ERM#41 , meeting in Mainz (Germany) was approved for send to Public Enquire (PE) the new Standard on CB the EN 300 433 , this standard that maintain the name and reference of the old European CB Standard, have some very important improvements under our point of view.

The first one, the increase on power output levels for the users will be significant goes from the 1W in AM and 4Wpep in SSB to 4WAM and 12Wpep in SSB. These changes are the culmination of several years of hard work, fighting against the null understanding of several administrations and sometime against CB users that never believe in the ECBF project.

The new Standard says explicitly: Any equipment using national regulations on Citizens' Band (CB) permitting the use of channels outside of the carrier frequencies shown in table 1 within the frequency range from 26 MHz to 28 MHz can use the present document.
The long way of the CB standardisation.

In the last meeting of the FM38 (Frequency Management), in the headquarters of the European Communications Office (ECO) , one steep on was made in the long way to CB normalization through Europe. Under the flag of the Spanish administration, we attended to the meeting in Copenhagen

Basically for the ECBF, the meeting should decide to give approval to the request to amend the European Communications Committee (ECC) decision ERC/DEC/(98)11 of the FM for the CB used in Europe. The modification will recommended the use of the three modes of modulation used or the on the CB , the FM (in force) the AM 4W and the SSB 12WPEP.

The Spanish administration introduced a document explaining that the use of AM 4W and SSB at 12WPEP it is not harmful to the others radio electric services since several years in Spain. The German administration and the AER gives a support to ECBF’s position.

The British administration is opposite to modify the ECC decision and, after several argumentations from both sides, the meeting decides create a new ECC Decision, in the next meeting in May in Saint Petersburg.
Quotes source: http://ecbf.eu/

As I understand it, this means:

You will be able to use the newer FM/AM/SSB CB radios (like the President Jackson II) and the existing FM/AM/SSB models sold in the respective countries, on the EU (CEPT) 40 channels anywhere in Europe.

In the UK, you will only be allowed to use FM on the EU (CEPT) 40 channels. Plus we still have the UK 40 channels. So no change, basically.

Operating high power, transmitting on the 'in-between frequencies' (freebanding on 27.555), and using amateur radios on CB bands will still be illegal

On the bright side, we should hopefully see more FM/AM/SSB CB radios (not 10m converts) appearing on the market, and they will be just as legal to own in the UK as the President Jackson II is! 8)

I really don't understand why Ofcom didn't take this opportunity to standardise the CB legislation with the rest of Europe. Apparently, radio waves operate differently when in UK airspace. 8-[ :lol:

needle bender
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:43 am

So what we gonna do when europe has a unified multimode cb system,,and we are on the outside looking in??...roll over and play dead??..come on here and have a good cry over it...it aint fair...moan ,moan etc...FIGHT THE GOVERNMENT B.....DS..Their phoney arguments for a congested radio spectrum thats prone to interference is a none starter as you know...how come 10 metres dont cause problems!!!....amatuer is the magical word....that word cures all interference problems dont it!!!...it would seem also to me that those cber's who have managed to figure out ohms law and have gone on to join the elite dont want to be involed in peoples radio anymore..maybe not wanting to put their precious foundation licence on the line...well its a shame stick to your radio and antenna theory discussions then,,the real cber's out there you gotta fight for what you want.....

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:14 pm

even europe is not unified germany 12 bands am 1 watt italy 40 channels 4 watts they will never sort it

needle bender
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:52 pm

I dont understand? do you mean its all done and dusted? with each member state having made its final decision on what will be...and what will not be????

Guzzy
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:13 pm

It's in the final stages.

We should hear an official statement about who has adopted what and when in the very near future.

Bearing in mind, "very near future" in EU bureaucratic terminology may be measured in months.

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:12 pm

more like years or lifetimes

Guzzy
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:24 pm

Possibly. :lol:

needle bender
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:17 am

Oh well i can crawl back into my shell for a bit longer then,,,great skip conditions yesterday evening..tti 770 4 watts into modulator antenna...no problems, copies into Germany were superb....able to hold a chat or two....shows what can be done when conditions allow....still waiting and hoping for my 4 watt dx into the usa :D :D