How busy is your area???

General Chat - one nine for a roger!
stoner_26
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Hi everyone, just to get some activity going again thought I would start a topic on how busy your area is on the CB?
Just post your area with how busy it is and when is active times and dead times and what channels are best :)
Thanks
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

blackpool a few on wigan as well

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Bionic Budgie
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: Bionic Budgie

Hello..
Here in North Suffolk/South Norfolk (Bury St Edmunds/Diss/Thetford/Brandon) we are on channel 28. Problem now is because activity breeds activity, most evenings its 'standing room only' on 28 so there is a secondary net on 446 channel 12. Usually someone about on 28 during the day, depending on 'Olga' Russian Taxi shite..when conditions are bad, we go 446 UHF..Clean as Snow Whites Bum.

BB
Diss 20
My Only Worry Is That When I Die..My Wife Will Sell My Radio Gear For What I Told Her I'd Paid For It!
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Around a dozen regulars on in Hartlepool most of which have come back to cb over the last couple of years .
davidoff
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Dead as a doornail. South Gloucestershire/North Wiltshire. If there is anyone out there I would like to know and you could tell me which channel you are all on!
procee
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Aberdeen - pretty much dead most of the time. Sometimes some truck drivers on but most of the time nothing but static.
wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: wildfire.

a few chatter boxes on 19 around here in renfrewshire but once me & the misses moves to coventry hope there are a few more chatter boxes but hopefully not on 19 :lol:
nato 2000
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

It's pretty consistent here south Wales.. Always a few on 19 every night 6pm onwards and then 8pm onwards come the Gloucester lot on 24 and bristol/Somerset etc on 26..

Scott SW106
Big A
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Bionic Budgie wrote:Hello..
Here in North Suffolk/South Norfolk (Bury St Edmunds/Diss/Thetford/Brandon) we are on channel 28. Problem now is because activity breeds activity, most evenings its 'standing room only' on 28 so there is a secondary net on 446 channel 12. Usually someone about on 28 during the day, depending on 'Olga' Russian Taxi shite..when conditions are bad, we go 446 UHF..Clean as Snow Whites Bum.

BB
Diss 20
One night once a week does not make a busy net, ch28 is only really active on Thursday nights. That's one channel out of all of them....hardly busy is it? It's basically a few old boys just waiting to be old enough to join Top Band. :wink:
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz only a few bad mouth users on and a few yam yams #-o
Big A
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

I think BB hit the nail on the head to a certain extent, "activity breeds activity". Just sitting there waiting for something to happen, does not make it happen, we do have to be pro-active. Putting out a call during the day, let others know that you're going to be on a certain channel at a certain time so you can all meet up and chat. On PMR, we have a set channel we all use in our area, we have around 25 regular users who pop in and out during the day, some days I can miss all of them, another day you catch them all, luck of the draw.
My mistake, is that I came back to CB thinking it would be as I left it in the 80s, and it isn't, it's a completely different animal these days (around here). So I'm going to change the way I think of It, and use it, to get as much as I can from it, give it another chance.
star raider 610
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
CB Handle: star raider 610

well here between hopton wafers and cleobury mortimer, cb non existence, cant find a copy any where close, if any body wants to copy me, an old cb radio and space enthusiasic investergator then feel free, you"lll be amazed,,,,,,,,,,