Visit To Manchester.

General Chat - one nine for a roger!
Bionic Budgie
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: Bionic Budgie

Hi Folks,
Just returned from a short break to the Peak District. Our holiday home was high above the town of New Mills, overlooking Manchester. Took the CB and switched on...expecting it to be fairly quiet..far from it..wall to wall on channel 19..lots of really big signals coming out of the rainy city. The bad news is that it was all horrible..just constant swearing, abuse, threats etc etc. This was going on all day and all night :( I was glad I sussed this lot out before my family got in the car. Needless to say the CB stayed off whilst the family was in ear shot. I tried to get a copy but was quickly told to '**ck *ff you posh Southern ""**erd' :shock: . Has Manchester always been like this?? Its very sad that these type of no brain halfwits have taken over the CB..or have decent breakers just given up? Switched over to the local Amateur VHF and UHF repeaters,,DEAD (surprise..surprise!) If I lived up there, the CB gear would be all on Flea Bay followed by the ham stuff.. Back to East Anglia and the old boys on 28 are still yakkin' away...Its good to go away for a while..it makes you appreciate what you have when you come back home.

I LOVE E.A *lurve*

10-10
Bionic Budgie
Diss 20

CB UK FM Channel 28
446 Freeband Channel 12
My Only Worry Is That When I Die..My Wife Will Sell My Radio Gear For What I Told Her I'd Paid For It!
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Back in the day all the big cities had there share of bucket mouths that wanted to play king of the hill though Manchester is the land of the gun so you were probably wise not to take the bate and just keep your head down .
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

yes most of the big towns are like that pity you did not get into mp in the morning as there is a good net on there every morning at 10 :15 still next time you are up give it a whirl you might enjoy it

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Big A
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Welcome back mate, glad you escaped the icy grip of Manchester :lol: you're safe down here. For now. Maybe.
wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: wildfire.

poor Budgie sorry to hear our northern potato brains was at it again on 19 but hope they did not spoil your holiday to much for you m8 no matter where you go you will always find potty mouths about on the air waves thinking they are king of the air waves & i have even heard people from the south telling truckers to shut the f^ck up & get back up north you northern monkeys :shock: but that was years ago when i was a school kid & used to travel to the south a couple of times with my old man who used to delivery to the south & dragonfly is right with Manchester been land of the gun just sorry that you had to listen to that garbage thank god i`m from Yorkshire we never got language like that across the air waves unless it has got worse :shock: