you can never find what your looking for in this cb hobbie

General Chat - one nine for a roger!
wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: wildfire.

first of all i was thinking well there is a DV banjo adaptor then there is a reverse banjo adaptor also a sirio SO-239 - 3/8 so you can fit a 3/8 adaptor on to a SO-239 mount but what i have been looking for to safe people that little bit of cash is a 3/8 to a SO-239 adaptor so a SO-239 adaptor will go on to a 3/8 mount is there any about no #-o

& i have also been searching around to find a SO-239 RADIAL KIT & not many places are selling these & i have no idea why as these radial kits help not just with the SWR but also with the radiation pattern,

just think if you have 2 or more mag mounts or any mounts neighbours will think your breeding them :o
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin

It actually isn't possible to have 3/8" to SO239 adaptor as the 3/8" mount only has 1 connection for the radiator and SO239 has two connections, 1 for the radiator and 1 for the earth connection. Some antennas, such as the Sirio's require both connections as they are DC shunt fed antennas.

Sorry to get all geeky on you, but I thought it might save you time looking for one! :wink:

Andy :wink:
wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

cheers & beers Andy think i have a idea what i am heading for as i am leaning towards the thunderpole SO239 mag mount 6" large as is it big also cheap & if it is strong enough to hold a so239 antenna then it is good enough for me. :lol:
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin

Yes it should be fine for most SO239 antennas :D

Andy :wink:
wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

well a lot of people are raving & getting all excited over the hi power 4000 so might give it whirl & see what all the fuzz is about lol might also get some odd looks but dang it is going to be worth it :lol: :lol: