back again!

General Chat - one nine for a roger!

Moderator: stampman

dc4
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
CB Handle: Doug!

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:35 pm

good afternoon all, got myself back on air for the first time in 5 years when i had my last attempt on the uk fm airwaves! i was in the shed last week and saw all my cb gear sat in a plastic crate looking unloved so dug it out and went through it all. the reason that my kit was in the shed was the car i had it set up in i scrapped, along with the power lead. so first step was order a new 2 pin power lead to fire up my harrier cbx. day of arrival i took everything i had to work to set it up lunchtime. on closer inspection the mag mount aerial i had the cable half ripped out of the base so put it all away again. that evening i had a look on the thunderpole shop for a replacement aerial having read the reviews opted for a sirio 145 mag mount. then i got excited and ordered a new rig! lol President Grant 2 lovely looking radio. obviously since the last time being on air ssb has now been legalised. for the next few weeks i will have a listen and get used to the radio but would like to know how do i get a callsign? all the best, doug!

porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi doug welcome to the forum. let us know what you think of the new radio (president grant) :wink:

dc4
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:25 pm

president grant works ok but many other breakers sat the modulation is weak

porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:10 pm

dc4 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:25 pm
president grant works ok but many other breakers sat the modulation is weak
maybe a power mike will help

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:30 am

once a breaker always a breaker yes the red devil might help the audio but if they can hear you then its working ok

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

dc4
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:39 pm

hello again a few months have passed since ive been on here and a few quid gone thunderpoles way too! i didnt want to start a new thread but i did want to say the service and delivery provided by yourselves is 2nd to none! the president grant is still going nicely and have now got my harrier cbx in the kitchen so going the right way! last week i took delivery of an antron 99 which i almost had a frank spencer moment putting up! trying to hold onto it up the ladder i must have looked like obi wan kanobe at one point! and just within the hour i have got a new powermike, sirio 4000 and a power lead to run the grant on my power supply at home as had a cigarette lighter connector lead which i use in the car. brilliant service you got a customer for life! all the best!