nfm

Scanners and receivers, inlcuding Airband - advice and troubleshooting
zamo
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

are the cb channels on NFM?i have a YAESU VR-120 scanner.it has AM FM WFM.unable to pick up any cb maybe because its dead over here.also does anyone know what the pins are for the psu.ie.centre + outer _ or visa versa.
Guzzy
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: Guzzy

CB is on Narrow FM.

Some people use AM, European truckers mostly and some (very, very few nowadays) illegal UK operators.

You may find you have a great deal of difficulty picking up CB signals on the 'rubber duck' antenna that comes as standard on a hand held scanner.

You really need to connect it to a long wire or even an 11m dipole or such like.

It's the same with the Maycom AH-27 and Midland Alan 42 Hand Held CB radios. Very, very limited transmit and receive range (hundreds of yards, rather than the average 5-10 miles), unless you connect them to a decent mobile antenna or home base antenna, then they operate just as well as a full size CB radio!

Jon
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

midland 42 with rubber duck top of longridge fell spoke to griff tiger in blackpool running of a motorcycle battery for power
just my 2 penneth

:D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
Guzzy
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: Guzzy

stampman wrote:midland 42 with rubber duck top of longridge fell spoke to griff tiger in blackpool running of a motorcycle battery for power
just my 2 penneth

:D :D :D :D :D
Now do it again ... regularly. :lol:

Jon