Alinco DJX7E

Scanners and receivers, inlcuding Airband - advice and troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

toybox
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:17 pm

Hi all
Anyone know the comport settings for the DJX7E when connection via comport data cable?
Nobody I can find mentions anything about what the settings should be, its as if I should know these details with out assistance. I have tried altering the settings with no joy. Factory default settings are no better.

Can anyone help?
I would be also interested in any comments about the DJX7E scanner no matter what they may be about.

Cheers Guys
Toybox

hobgobblin
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
CB Handle: Hobgobblin

Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:14 pm

Just had a quick look online & Googled "Alinco DJX7E manual" and found sites where you can download PDF's....hope this helps??? :)
HOBGOBBLIN
"Others looked at radio and saw a
gadget; his genius lay in his capacity
to look at the same thing . . . but
to see far more." Nelson A Rockefeller

toybox
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi Hobgoblin
Thanks for your reply, was expecting replies to come back with the same problem asking if I find out can I let them know, but it doesn't seemed to have happened.
I have been down the route you suggested before, the best I found is a complete user manual the same as the one which comes with the scanner, usefull if I ever loose mine. The best info to come up was plug it in & turn on. Not much help realy, I have not found anything better. Nothing seemed to direct towards com port settings.
Thank you for your time in trying to help me.

toybox

FISH
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Have you tried there web site,read about pc interface cable erw-4c.do need to be in clone mode it points to page 35 in the manual if this helps m8.andy.
26 TANGO MIKE 501

toybox
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:14 am

Hi All
Thanks for your advise, unfortunatly your advise is good but I have already been down these routes. Nobody actualy specifies the com settings. I have tried changing them at random this seems to get closer to the correct settings as it takes longer to return an error message but not close enough As you can expect 3 or 4 options on each setting equals a lot of variations to go through.
Thanks again
Toybox

FISH
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:30 am

Have you the software disk or do you have to down load it off there site m8.
26 TANGO MIKE 501

toybox
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi Chap.
I down loaded the software from their web site.Unfortunatly they do not have a support service. So trial & error it is

Toybox