Airshow scanning

Scanners and receivers, inlcuding Airband - advice and troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

sfx777
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sun May 02, 2010 3:53 pm

hi, im looking to get a scanner but i need one that picks up UHF i think as its use will be at military airshows as well as other general use, am pretty new at this so any advice would be great, i cant afford to pay the earth for one neither £100 under if poss, have been looking for ideas, any suggestions???????
thanks peeps

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Mon May 03, 2010 10:05 am

look on suppliers web site where scanners are shown with freq coverage

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

Kenwood man
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:31 pm

Yupiteru and Realistic do ok Yupiteru is better and covers the hf bands so you can listen on 5mhz to air traffic over the atlantic.

200mhz is where the military airband is so you need a scanner with no gaps i have a Realistic took it to Waddington in july worked a treat & listen to military red arrows, BOB flight etc.

From home you can plug this into a scanner antenna on the roof for extended range of approx 250mls+ depending on antenna and which band, i use a long wire for below 18mhz and a watson w-30 2/70cms ham antenna for litening in civil air band it works just fine.

joe jeep
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
CB Handle: Joe-Jeep

Sun May 15, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi,

I was looking for a realistic to use at airshows, I also need one to pick up the military band which is 200 - 512 if i am not mistaken. Kenwood man, what realistic are you using and how much would one be??

cheers
Handle:Joe-Jeep
On either UK19 or if you cant find me there try UK26.