CB Handle: jumpingmaster

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:41 pm

now you got the ticket , enjoy all the bands and modes

Photographer
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
CB Handle: Terminator / 26TM233

Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:31 pm

I did my M3 years ago and am happy I've got it for 2M and 70cms on my Handheld Kenwood TH7.

But I do find it to be very formal repeating callsigns and saying theirs first and trying to remember them whilst driving.

So although I will use it occasionally, I have just bought a Ranger 2950 and Thunderpole to do some freebanding.

My Alan 42 Handheld is awesome on my magmount (black mini springer) and use it most days.

Handy to have it all I guess, you never know, I might pick up a Yaesu FT-817 which does it all?
http://www.stphotography.org

In Northampton, next to the finest CB Radio Shop in the UK..!!

M3 FLP - 26 TM 233 - Photographer

jumpingmaster
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
CB Handle: jumpingmaster

Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:57 pm

ok on the equipment to come and if chatting to people on air as long as you give your call, most people who are listening will pick up who who ...ft 817 is a handy bit of kit with 5 watts max, like anything any hobby or pastime is what you make of it...some like mobile use others into qrp , or cw.. others choose different aspect of the hobby to go more in depth, but main thing is to just enjoy whatever your doing..

Quincy
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:19 pm

porky.69 wrote:hello fish ive heard that before bye someone ..saying they pass there licence and come back to ssb 11 meters and wish they
had not botherd takeing the course ?? :) because of idiots .but there on all bands ( shame ) *King*
Yup, but still relatively few and far between compared to the illegal reqs.
Enthusiastic CB user and DX'er, and a regular Thunderpole customer ;)

Newly M'd, now with some 2m stuff

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:04 am

not a lot of idiots on echo link but you could say thats not radio but if all you whant to do is chat to people world wide then it fits the bill plus you cant use it without showing a current licence

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

Kenwood man
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:41 am

You only have to give your call at least once in a 15 minute period, however you find most including myself repeat it most of the time, if your mobile ask for there name and use that but repeat your callsign when you can & you don't need to fill a log book anymore and didn't for mobile so is easy.

Ham radio opens a world of better comunication you can meet new friends and talk local or worldwide every day plenty of bands to chose from, your not waiting for a lift on 27.555 when 20,17,40 is open you can work these.

Cb will still be here when you come back so crack on and enjoy hope to work you on the Ham bands 73's Tony.

Bulldoguk
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:05 pm

Sorry for hijacking this post but i'm the drunk man and why did you call me gay ? only messing :D but on a serious note i would love to take the foundation course.
i am trying to find somewhere in the Chester area as i dont drive so it has to be local really so can anyone recommend anywhere to me.
Many thanks Mike

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:02 am

look on rsgb site for local club

Bulldoguk
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:46 pm

Thanks stampman ive found a local group and emailed them and had a reply well a couple really, they dont have any courses atm because they like to get atleast 6 people on it so they can keep the costs down.
It was nice to make contact with them anyway and the positive was with my enquiries they now have 5 so they hope in the new year they can arrange one :D
So again mate many thanks for you help and addvice cheers Mike

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:48 am

no problem glasd to help good luck

Kenwood man
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:09 pm

I did it 10 years ago it was a bit harder then and today it's much easier i say do it and use both. :D

You can sit on 555 all day and nobody's on but a dial to 18 metres or 20 or 40 plenty to listen to and talk to, So much more life but sometimes not as much fun as the 555 which is more free to be able to say what you like when you like as with the ham bands you have to bite your tongue or you feel like you have to.!!

Go get your ticket then it's your choice what you do and how you progress & where you want to go.

There's all those on 555 with a ham radio costing £££ and they can't use it anywhere but the 555 at least you will get your moneys worth as i have with mine. :D

clive
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:18 am

hobgobblin wrote:I'VE PASSED!!! Kept it quiet from you guys....but I have been studying hard lately and then went off and did the course and exam this weekend. I got 100% on the morse code test, 100% on the practical and 88% on the written. Was a bit disappointed on the 88% after I'd got 96% in my mock the day before. :) Anyway, if there's any of you thinking of getting into Ham Radio and want any advice... :D
how do you learn morse code that quickly ?

Fat Rat
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:10 pm

clive wrote:
how do you learn morse code that quickly ?
It's not a Morse test, they call it 'Morse Appreciation', it's not possible to fail. The Instructor gives you a crib sheet and then he sends some code, it is really basic stuff :)