My home setup

A place for pics, either of your setup, your vehicle, yourself or anything else!

Moderator: stampman

marsh phantom
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: Marsh Phantom

Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:16 pm

Far to neat and tidy for me, need some more bits lol

Magnum 257 into midland 23-505 swr/power meter into zetagi mm27 into a seriously untuned antron 99 on the roof i will get up on the roof and sort the swr, but time and weather have not been on my side lately so the matcher will have to do for the time being. i think i may just get someone in to go on the roof for me.

The mm27 is upside down as it lays neater that way.

basic but it fairs well, 9 times out of 10 im mobile or static mobile with the wilson or tank whip (both swr'ed nice and low)

as im here on photobucket i will even put a face behind the handle for you,
all of us turning up at the same location for a dx super sunday kind of took the fun out of it lol (no skip needed here i was booming into the wagon at the end giving them 30+ :lol: :lol: ) Im the one in the turret, not the driver
Ed
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986

Radios; Magnum 257, Icom IC-706MK11G, Yaesu VX-7R
Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:53 am

bring it on buzby well sort you out

nice picture

:D :D :D :D *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

marsh phantom
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:52 am

At the snap of my fingers with a little magic the 257 can turn into a intek m790 plus......... hmm strange that,

hmm i wonder if i can get 27.555 usb on the bowman military radio ( the best i could hope for is probably 27.555 fm )
Ed
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986

Antennas; Wilson little wil (mobile) 1/4 wave tank whip (static mobile) Antron A-99 (homebase) Antron A-99 with GP kit (the big static mobile antenna)
Scanner Yaesu VR500

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:07 am

so what is the problem officer road tax expired did you say

:D :D :D :D *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:39 pm

[quote="stampman"]bring it on buzby well sort you

HEY GUYS BRING IT ON OFCOM ...COULD DO WITH THAT TANK ON THE M6 RUSH HOUR *King*

marsh phantom
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:26 pm

i wish it was a tank mate, the one im in is a land rover (slightly modded) and the one next to me is a pinz (fun to drive in the sand but the novelty soon wears off) the land rover is the bees knees, people moan they are not pretected enough, who cares there designed to be fast and agile, the wmik version that im in on the picture is the best wagon i have ever used out on tours of duty

as for ofcom, my bad lol along with around 95 % of all cb operators :D
Ed
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986

Scanner Yaesu VR500

nato 2000
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

Sat May 23, 2009 11:46 pm

Looks about the same state as my set up lol, im very intrested to hear your opinion when static mobile what antenna worked best? the wilson *presuming a 1000* or the tank whip as im looking to purchase a tank whip very soon. thanks..

marsh phantom
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Sun May 24, 2009 12:53 am

na, when i first started up with all this dx malarky i was using a wilson little will in the car for driving about with and up the hill i had the tank whip on the car.

now i use the tank whip in poor weather or the antron 99 in good weather, and rigs i have a choice again, mag 257 (been using tonight), lincoln or the icom, i have found myself using the lincoln a fair bit but thats because i have been using it in the van,

in my car the icom always goes in if im going to use the radio.

by the way to keep the antron up i use a disco speaker stand/tripod and 4 guy ropes from the top of the stand staked into the ground with big 2ft ground spikes/pegs
Ed
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986

Scanner Yaesu VR500

nato 2000
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

Sun May 24, 2009 2:57 pm

Oh nice one! sounds really good that does, im fairly new to cb etc so i think the tank whip will do me just fine and then eventually get a wilson 1000 for when im mobile as everyone seems to give it 10/10 on this site so im intruiged to see just how well it performs. Out of intrest where abouts in wales are you from *when your in wales* because im from abergavenny south wales and there are some great spots down here for dx'ing so one day we might have a QSO :) cheers. scott.

Offplanet
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Sun May 24, 2009 7:54 pm

You've plenty of good spots up the Black Mountains - I can usually copy stations near Abergavenny from here on the Somerset coast.

Cheers.

marsh phantom
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Sun May 24, 2009 10:55 pm

nato 2000 wrote:Oh nice one! sounds really good that does, im fairly new to cb etc so i think the tank whip will do me just fine and then eventually get a wilson 1000 for when im mobile as everyone seems to give it 10/10 on this site so im intruiged to see just how well it performs. Out of intrest where abouts in wales are you from *when your in wales* because im from abergavenny south wales and there are some great spots down here for dx'ing so one day we might have a QSO :) cheers. scott.
i go up near sennybridge, the closest place to me is llywel, its about 30 miles line of sight and about 1440ft asl.

should qso with you no problem bud
Ed
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986

Scanner Yaesu VR500

nato 2000
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

Sun May 24, 2009 11:02 pm

Oh right thats a trip, well the one particular hill i live on is the best that ive found, on one side i get up north just north of birmingham and then all the way down past gloucester and down to bristol, and the other side i pretty much get all of south wales and down to swindon and oxford so yeah its a bloody good spot :) i hope we can have a copy one day as i expect i could perhaps stretch to somerset.

And sounds like you live up where i was born and raised which is builth and llandrindod, a few nice mountains up there but i do struggle with any part of wales north of me for some reason but im sure with a bit of help i could get you.

marsh phantom
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Sun May 24, 2009 11:09 pm

nato 2000 wrote:
And sounds like you live up where i was born and raised which is builth and llandrindod, a few nice mountains up there but i do struggle with any part of wales north of me for some reason but im sure with a bit of help i could get you.
i acctually live in hereford but i make the drive up to wales for the good dx, its only a 40-50 min drive to my spot.

i normally have a few qso's with south wales no problem from my location on the hill, its the highest spot as far as the eye can see in all directions bar the beacons but im not lugging my kit up there lol, im up there enough :D
Ed
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986

Scanner Yaesu VR500

nato 2000
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut

Mon May 25, 2009 2:27 pm

Oh right well i go to hereford a fair bit actually myself due to college and i often copy a few people when i give a shout out on 19 so we might of already copied eachother haha, the spot you got up there sounds like a good one! its nice to have your own spot where no one else goes.

marsh phantom
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Mon May 25, 2009 5:18 pm

nato 2000 wrote:Oh right well i go to hereford a fair bit actually myself due to college and i often copy a few people when i give a shout out on 19 so we might of already copied eachother haha, the spot you got up there sounds like a good one! its nice to have your own spot where no one else goes.
once every few months the port talbot rally club run their radio point from the same spot so i have to check their rally dates as all the other spots are hard to get to when the rally is on due to road closures.

what car do you go about in as i have seen a few with twigs on in hereford recently, i may have seen you
Ed
Marshphantom
26-TM-1986

Scanner Yaesu VR500