My Ford Transit

A place for pics, either of your setup, your vehicle, yourself or anything else!

Moderator: stampman

wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: wildfire.

Thu May 09, 2013 9:47 am

hi lone-ranger

if you can edit your post & go in to photobucket back to the images & copy img & paste the img link & paste in your post would be great m8 as the pictures are pretty tricky to see m8,

& by the looks of it you are getting reflection from your roof with your mount been near the middle but i would try a mag mount for a lough to see if the SWR drops while your mag mount is on the rear of your roof normally the SWR drops while the antenna is at the rear of vehicles a crazy idea i know but we will never know if we don`t try lol

lone-ranger
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Thu May 09, 2013 10:17 am

Hi wildfire I can't seem to edit the post for some reason but I will try to repost the pics in this post . For some reason the pics came out a bit blury when I uploaded them in photobucket. Ill try these ones again and if there no good I will take some new picturs when I get home tonight. :)

http://m1284.photobucket.com/albumview/ ... 3&newest=1

http://m1284.photobucket.com/albumview/ ... 0&newest=1

http://m1284.photobucket.com/albumview/ ... 1&newest=1

http://m1284.photobucket.com/albumview/ ... 2&newest=1

wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Thu May 09, 2013 10:47 am

its ok buddy i`v done it for you m8 & you done a very tidy job,

lone-ranger
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Thu May 09, 2013 1:27 pm

Thank you Wildfire. And also thank you for all your input on my other posts and questions too. I'm gonna have to hold fire on that gutter mount etc funds are a bit low at the moment but Ill have some fun with wat I have at the moment. Cheers mate :)

wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Thu May 09, 2013 7:35 pm

your very welcome m8 always a pleasure to help our newer members mate :D

Sundown
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Thu May 09, 2013 8:41 pm

What channels is on your rig?

I fired up my old 40 box today only to discover the airwaves to be silent!

lone-ranger
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Thu May 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Mine is on the 40 ch UK FM band mate.unfortunately It is pretty quiet on the roads get the occasional copy. but channel 19 where I live is always clogged up with base stations pumping out loads of watts just keying over everyone. But keep trying mate cause some time you do meet some good people out there!

Sundown
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Thu May 09, 2013 9:34 pm

lone-ranger wrote:Mine is on the 40 ch UK FM band mate.unfortunately It is pretty quiet on the roads get the occasional copy. but channel 19 where I live is always clogged up with base stations pumping out loads of watts just keying over everyone. But keep trying mate cause some time you do meet some good people out there!
10-4 buddy! It was channel 14 for us here, we tended to leave channel 19 for the mobile breakers. But yeh I know what you mean, it used to be bad here for the same, but the airwaves are dead now. I'm hoping to try and pull a few mates together and get a cb club on the go again, hopefully if we're on it, it might encourage people to listen in again.

lone-ranger
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Thu May 09, 2013 10:57 pm

Sounds good mate iv tryed to get people involved but no one seems intrested anymore. Or they don't want a big arial on there car. But I will always have my radio in my van even though it is dead most of the time. You never no when your gonna hit a big old stand still on the roads. You can normally find someone to chat to or better still someone up ahead in the traffic to keep you updated :) I hope the intrest of cb radio will pick up again :)

wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Sat May 11, 2013 10:42 pm

with everything so technical these days with sat navs & mobile phones & the internet many people have lost there interest in the CB radio, is a shame to see & hear the air waves much more quiet & when many people loose the interest in CB radios many CB radio shops owners close there shops as many have done up & down the UK as i have always said in the past once you have a full CB radio set up it is the best communication invented as no one is tight down to a contract like internet & phone company's do but still are many people are interested in the CB radio interest & i guess most of us always will be no matter if there are home base stations or mobile.