American Son of an English Mum

A place for new members to say hello

Moderator: stampman

Swampfox1947
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:55 pm

:D Good day all;

Glad to finally be able to join fellow CB'ers in the UK. Briefly, to let you all know I am an American born son of an English mother from Southampton. I have been a Cb'er since December 1974 when I caught the the CB bug as a Sergeant stationed with the US Army's old 2d Armored Division at Fort Hood, Texas. I am also an Amatuer radio operator, callsign KB5VEB. I enjoy both the CB and Ham radio services and have DX'd as far away as Aussie land on ham 6meters and cross the USA as far as Rodondo Beach ,California and into Carlysle Pennslyvania on CB LSB.

My Equipment includes a Galaxy 2547, Cobra 29LX Harley-Davidson edition with the 2547 hooked up to a 102 inch stainless steel whip antenna, my ham equipment includes a Yaesu FT-5100 dual band, a Yaesu FT-2400 2meter, a Kenwood 2m/1.25m/70cm tri-band, along with several Police/Fire and aviation-only scanners.

My CB handle since 1974 has been the AMARILLO TUMBLEWEED, and Mom's was LIMEY RED a handle give to her by some of the truckers in Amarillo , Texas when she was the manager of one of the truck stops store.

Well good people that is my introduction. :) I hope to my some of your acquaintces in the future.

73's to all from Tumbleweed in Cool, Texas ...and yes there really is a town named COOL in Texas :D

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Tue May 02, 2017 10:35 am

Hi and welcome to the forum hope you enjoy it

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin

Tue May 02, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi and welcome :)

Andy :wink: