Hi from Sunny Scotland

A place for new members to say hello

Moderator: stampman

Khymann
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Hi i'm Khymann from central Scotland, back in the day i had a cobra 148 GLX and a silver rod and did pretty well with it now some 30+ years later i have come back to CBing, i have a dodgy old mag mount, god's only knows what kind it is but suffice to say it's crap, and an audioline 340, which is doing great, (they always were reliable rigs).

i'm currently in the process of getting a scaffolding pole or 2 for a home base antenna and i'm going for a Sirio 4000 Megawatt mobile Antenna.

Tonight i'm going to go to a local club to see about learning my foundation Licence. As to what kind of rig i will buy well i'm not to sure, i'll speak to the club tonight and get some advice, i was told that a CRT 69000 is a good one to start with, and they are relatively cheap, about £150 on ebay, but i'll have to wait and see.

As for me i'm a 49 year old dad of 3 who is an Auxiliary nurse, my OH is sharon and she is a staff nurse, we live at the foot of the Campsie Fells.

Glad to be here and if anyone has anything they want to know then give me a shout :-)

Matt C
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:05 pm

Hi there,
I'm up in Inverness, good to hear that folks up here still keep CB on the go.
Call sign: 2H2SQ
Handle: 'Turtle'
Home is where you park it!...

Khymann
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi Matt, good to hear from you 8-)