back on the air after 35 years but it did not last long

A place for new members to say hello
rebel
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

after restoring my hacker radios and my dynatron hi fi i thought lets sea what cb is like these days so i got new ariel from thunderpole an orbeter s steel mount and cable id got an old bremi power supply hooked up to a radiotechnic m40 worked well swr about 1.5 after a day rig had packed up no transmitt so opened it up rf power transistor short circuit so i put in a new one still nothing so i tried my old ham major that lasted about a
day then same no transmit bear in mind these had been left on mainly recieve only so was not keeping my eye on the rig so on monitering the voltage out of power supply with a avo meter it was int ermitantly swinging from 13.8 to 18volts if id had been looking at the m40 earlier id at least seen the display go brighter and would not have connected the major up so im off air untill i get new rig and power supply let u know what happend later thanks redel..
rebel
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

hi there update coming soon on my cb set up as ive repaired them all now and restored marco excaliber mk2 and ham major and others president grant on order take care thanks for looking dave :D :)
ScoobyDoo
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Hi Rebel,
Welcome... I'm a newby too to the forum and cb.
Hope that you get your setup sorted soon. I have found Thunderpole brilliant.
Whereabouts are you from?
rebel
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

hi there hope ure ok live in cheadle staffs near alton towers hope to get ariel up next week its been to windy recently here we live high up here and it aint half windy yes thunderpole r very good had most of kit off them running tank whip at moment top of the lean to ive tried all channels on old cb bands very quiet hardly anything so i stick to uk 40 at moment my grant 2 is standing bye untill i get ariel up syrio 27 will sit on a 16 foot 2 inch pole the pole and brackets are fixed ready for ariel using rg213 coax and 30 amp dc reg power supply ill try send pics but ill have find out about that glad t hear ure on cb its not like old days but its stiil a great hobby take care dave keep in touch :D :D
Clouddancer
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Hi,
Welcome to the Forum.
CB is not as popular as it once was which is not a bad thing.
I returned after 30yrs.
You got to keep at it to gain contacts, I tend to get the highest hill near me
and it works great for me.
My favourite Antenna is the Thunderpole -Supa Nova and the Rig is a T-800 with power Mike.
I recommend Thunderpole great service and products. :)
rebel
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

hi there