SWRing a Hombase antenna

Homebase antenna advice and troubleshooting

Moderators: stampman, FISH

steve70
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:46 pm

I've never had a decent hombase antenna and made do with a mag mount in the loft back in the day when I was 14.
These days I'm making do with another antenna in the loft and running up and down the ladder to adjust the SWR is no problem, but I'm thinking about getting a Thunderpole 5 and mounting it outside on a T & K bracket.
How would I set the SWR on that? My ladder just reaches the gutter, enough for me to fix the brackets.
Thanks
Steve

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:50 am

lean it against a fence mounted on the pole and swr it then mount it on the t k and check it again i cant say i have ever swred a thunderpole 5 but as a last resort ask Colin when you order it

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

Offplanet
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:25 pm

The TP5 comes with a cutting chart for the top whip section - I just cut mine for the length suggested for the CB bands and the SWR was fine, with no further adjustment required.

Providing your coax and connections are in good order and you've no large objects nearby that may effect the SWR, yours should be the same :wink:

porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:37 pm

[quote="Offplanet"]

Providing your coax and connections are in good order and you've no large objects nearby that may effect the SWR, yours should be the same
yes just take your time and you will be ok, there not a bad antenna, good luck *King* *King*