Homebase antenna advice and troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: wildfire.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:59 am

hi all,

i have been searching around the net about smaller antenna and boy was this guy in for a shock now the following statement is from a user who lives in Scotland & as a lot of you know the weather in Scotland is never always good & don`t really help with the big mountains in the way but here is what the guy said about his boomerang just to give some of you a idea how well smaller antennas can do,

I bought one of these recently and thought id set it up today for a laugh ( or so i thought ) got swr of 1.0 from 26.300 to 27.900 compared it with sirio dipole thanks to the help of 30 division ( swl ) and boy was in for a shock. this little bugger gave me signal strength 5-6 from Spain swl only ( bare in mind propagation is terrible just now ) and when clicked to dipole couldn't here a thing. a local station ( about 8 mile away came in 30+ and the dipole only bringing in about 8-9. now iv had a lot of good time with the dipole. but i cant wait till weekend and give this boomerang a go. so far so good. but it does seem to work well for the size of it =D>

& here is a link of the user using his Boomerang http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwsQY1J10kQ
Last edited by wildfire on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:13 am

good luck with it if it does the job

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:13 am

Glad to hear the Boomerang is working well for you, we have heard a lot of good things from people using those antennas :D

Will be interesting to see what you get when propagation picks up!

Andy :wink:

wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:24 pm

i`m not the one who owns a boomerang but was from somebody who users a boomerang & this is his own review about his boomerang lol

andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin

Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:27 pm

Oops, I should read things properly before commenting! Sorry! :lol:

Andy :wink:

wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:07 pm

lol andy well that what happens when you jump to conclusions buddy but no harm done, :D

but like yourself andy & everybody else, we all like to help each other on here & reviews is a good option no matter is the reviews are good or bad or even shocking :shock: lol

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:02 am

Scotland could live on top of a mountain not in middle of a town would probably be a fairer revue if he said where it was mounted and the height above sea level cause in sure the range for the 446 is quoted from mountain top to mountain top in Switzerland

wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:27 am

hi stampman,

as far as i know the user lives around the the glasgow area not sure how high his antennas are but sure seems to be doing what they was made to do as living in glasgow region would be pretty tough to get out off on the radio air waves bcos of the high buildings.

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:27 pm

top floor flat i wonder

wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:31 pm

probably buddy or even nr or at the top floor in a high raised block of flats, but there again having them out side of a window on a house on a 4 foot pole i am sure they will do just as good :D