How to install ? And best antenna for £20 or under

Homebase antenna advice and troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

ASPWLF
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Right so I have no literally no clue on how to install a antenna or what one to buy

I want an antenna I can just hold out my windows because I won't most likely be allowed to setup a long pole in the garden so is there any I can just hold out my window?

I also need one what costs £20 inc shipping if possible there are some but there's literally no videos or anything telling you how to install them????

Ok so basically here's some antennas I found and they are small egnough to store in my house and hold them out a window because I won't be allowed to get to the roof and I'm pretty high up and have a country side line of sight so holding it out the window should be fine because if they say antennas go 2 miles inside the attic ?

Ok here are the antennas

https://www.thunderpole.co.uk/large-cb- ... yager.html

https://www.thunderpole.co.uk/large-cb- ... -tz27.html

https://www.thunderpole.co.uk/large-cb- ... bitor.html

Ok here's some that as I said are price for me and small egnough to hold out the window

BUT ..... I just don't understand HOWWW if I buy one of these antennas how do I connect it to the CB I don't get it ?? Now I have a magnet antennas BUT it's missing the uhh top half of the antenna and has the bottom but I think it works but I literally don't get a signal I did pickup someone once but impossible to hear and magent antennas are for cars .

So I don't get the wiring ?? The antennas just have a screw so what I cannot wire I know nothing about wiring so idk can I use the magnet mount and just screw the new antenna onto it I don't get it all I want to do is buy my new antenna and set it up so I can hold it in my hand and stick it out the window ?

Here's my antenna I have broken

But I'm guessing I can't use that as a new antenna mount ?

If not what do I need like a wire ? And some sort of connector again I want it so I can hold it in my hand and point it ? will any of them antennas do
Attachments
32781A65-F72F-4745-AE01-C96A1818B480-233-00000019FB33EEAA.png
32781A65-F72F-4745-AE01-C96A1818B480-233-00000019FB33EEAA.png (914.32 KiB) Viewed 1072 times

porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:29 pm

hi you need a magmount base and a mobile antenna to start with. then put the base on a biscuit tin *King*

ASPWLF
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:56 pm

I don't get it because those antennas have a bit at the bottom to screw them into somtiing right ? But my current magnet mount isn't where u can screw them if it has the same thing and the antenna has the hole in my magnet not the magnet mount ??

So I don't get it do I need a different mount ? Because the antenna on My one has the hole and the mount has the screw wehere these new antennas have the screw nkt a hole ???

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:34 am

put that antenna in the Bin and get a Thunderpole APPOLLO 2 COMPLEATE WITH MAG and then you will stand a chance of getting the cb working

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it