Can Anyone Help Me Please?

CB homebase advice and troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

RustySkull
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
CB Handle: Pirate/Ben

Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:49 pm

Can anyone tell me what one if the Modulation pot?

After looking about on the internet, to my shock there is nothing about turning the power up on a Uniden Uniace 300...

Plenty of Cobra's and that but I can't find anything inside mine that looks like those...

Image[/URL]
Last edited by stampman on Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no advertising about buying cb equipment

Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:15 pm

Its most likely been peaked a hundred times over the last 25 years but what the hell .
The Horse shoe,s are clearly marked the front one being DEV = Mic Gain which I can see is already fully up . SM=Recived needle position . SQ = Squelch Position . . The two at the back will be Low Power switch adjust at the left side and at the middle rear will be key up needle position . If you didn't notice these then you shouldn't really be twideling about inside as you will probably mess the radio up.

RustySkull
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:43 pm

Dragonfly wrote:Its most likely been peaked a hundred times over the last 25 years but what the hell .
The Horse shoe,s are clearly marked the front one being DEV = Mic Gain which I can see is already fully up . SM=Recived needle position . SQ = Squelch Position . . The two at the back will be Low Power switch adjust at the left side and at the middle rear will be key up needle position . If you didn't notice these then you shouldn't really be twideling about inside as you will probably mess the radio up.

Hey thanks for replying...

I'm sure you can see this is the first time I have tried to do this haha...

I can't see those "Clear" markings?

Which Horse Shoes are you meaning? I don't want to fiddle with the wrong ones lol :D

EDIT: I think I see the Dev one at the front near the bottom of the photo?

Ahh, yeah it's because my Photo isn't very clear... Haha I'm sat here trying to zoom in lol... (I'm not near the Radio right now)

So if I fuddle with those, to get the best performance and audio can I cause damage? Are they a fairly safe thing to experiment with?

RustySkull
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:54 pm

Can I ask what the SM does? What's the best way to have that?
And where should the SQ be for best operation? I thought you adjusted that with the knob on the front?

Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:52 am

If the signal meter is showing correct poundage form your mates then you don't need to adjust the SM pot and when you key up if the needle goes to 4 wat or slightly more then the TX horse shoe wont need adjusting , If the needle hits the end when you key up then you could adjust back a little the TX horse shoe .

Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:54 am

The position of the front Squelch dial can be altered to close earlier or later by the SQ horse shoe .

RustySkull
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:01 am

Dragonfly wrote:If the signal meter is showing correct poundage form your mates then you don't need to adjust the SM pot and when you key up if the needle goes to 4 wat or slightly more then the TX horse shoe wont need adjusting , If the needle hits the end when you key up then you could adjust back a little the TX horse shoe .
Ohh right, I see! Thanks :)