burners

CB homebase advice and troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

colsa
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:47 pm

was just thinking about maybe getting a burner, are they worth having?, do they make a big differance in signal out and in?,

colsa
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:27 pm

Was only asking about burners because....

Was on the rig the other night, it was great, a few people on and we were having great convo, i was back-walling everyone with my antron, and then on comes a muppet playing music, he was back-walling me and everybody else, the breakers started thinking it was me playing the music, i was quite upset by this, anyway they finaly knew it wasnt me when i was chatting on another channel whilst the music was playing elsewhere. The music was however chasing us up and down the channels.

I thought if i got a burner, and in the future if this same scenario comes up ( with the music ), i will be able to switch the burner on (and only use the burner for this) and be heard over the music then people will not assume its me, didnt think there would be a draw back to having a good antenna, just because i put out a good signal i get blamed for somebody elses foolish behaviour.

Anyway, dont think i will bother with a burner, as i think i would have to upgrade my power supply unit to 15 amp. Is this right?

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:56 pm

up gradeing power supply will not help sort the muppet out trouble is he thinks he is original and no body ever thought of doing it before try arrainging to go to mid as soon as he starts and moving around all 80 channels

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it

colsa
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:21 pm

mid?, is that am stampman ?, not sure, i just use the normal uk 40. my rig is the intek m 490 plus, but ive only ever used the uk 40.

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:32 pm

feel sure that the 490 is multi band so will be 80 channel uk possibly andy will clarify this

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it