Cornish CB 27/81 Users

A place for homebase users to chat when they're not on the air

Moderator: stampman

Basilsparents
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Tue May 09, 2006 8:02 pm

Since the beginning of my CB career (2000ish) I've noticed a worrying depletion in the amount of Cornish CB users accessible to chat with in the Lizard Peninsula area. Mostly I associate this problem with the fact that I have moved and don't live on a hill anymore, but to be frank, what is troubling me is that the regulars who used to use the CB seem to have either died, or left. I am wondering, are there any parts of the county in particular that thrive with CB activity? For example, I have never taken my Midland 42 to a city, and going on a long jaunt this summer, I would love to take the time to visit some hives of CB activity. You could call this sadness, but I have rarely had a good chat in the previous two years.

Is anyone aware of "honeypots" of activity in the country? :P I realise my post makes little sense.

Guzzy
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
CB Handle: Guzzy

Tue May 09, 2006 8:59 pm

I live in Chatham and we have a lot of activity around here and also up into London and over into Essex.

I used to live in Cornwall. Longstone, just up from Bodmin. Great DX upto Wales, Scotland, USA occasionally (back in '81 or so)! :-D

simon007
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
CB Handle: Simon007

Thu May 11, 2006 8:16 am

Where the skip is here i have spoken to many in south cornwall and remember a trip to Lands End many years ago. Like John said, was a nice spot to talk to the USA

Simon :D
Writer of Comms from Europe Radio User Magazine

Basilsparents
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Fri May 12, 2006 5:08 pm

Also for Poland, oddly... I've hit poland a few times. But my Polish is abysmal, so limited conversation! :?

Round Baler
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Fri May 12, 2006 6:15 pm

Hi Basilparents, did you hit Poland with your Excalibur?

Thanks,

- Gordon
Round Baler

"We Cut The Crops That Feed The World"

Basilsparents
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Sat May 13, 2006 9:46 am

No, I hit it with the handheld, when I used to live on a hill... a Midland 42.

I haven't really had much play with my excalibur, as as soon as I got it mounted on the outside of my house (after a long battle with my mother) my Fidelity homebase seems to have given up the ghost... or so I think. Today I have a free day, so I am going to attempt to switch it with the York.

Basilsparents
Chatter Box
Chatter Box

Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:11 pm

I think I'm going to go back to using a whip on a biscuit tin in the loft... I don't get ANYTHING anymore now that I've mounted the excalibur outside the house