Chatter Box

Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:07 pm

Great rich 1, I will give you a shout when im out too. :D

dr pepper
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
CB Handle: The Hood.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:42 am

By far the weakest link in any setup is the aerial, and the wilson is a goodun, however both me and my cb supplier reckon the sirio 3000,4000 and performer all beat it, the advantage with the wilson is that it will last longer and is more suited to off road, the sirio if hammered eventually breaks sround the base, having said all this I've had a 3000 for ages and its still fine, and personally I think the sirio is much better value for money, the wilson is a good option for a trucker or someone relying on their rig for their own security, which I spose if your an off roader you do.
The harrier cbx has the same chassis as the old amstrad cb900 and 901, and a couple of mustang's, appollo's etc, its a good rig notably for its receive sensitivity and its also easy to mod to double or more its power, a modern midland will still serve you well, I have a small linear (burner), 20 watts, it makes a big diffo in range and is worth its money, any bigger would be a waste of time, and dont forget they are illegal, though noones been caught for a long time.
Rig wiring tips: red to black, black to red, blue to bits.

rich 1
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:30 am

hi did get a little 25 watt burner just to help me get over the hills round here it seems to help do i need to swr the anttena again if so what patch lead goes where and i have noticed the rx tx light showing at the same time when keying the mic any ideas.and is there anything i should do apart from that once i,m out in the open the set up is good with out it

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:31 am

no once the swr is set you do not need to do it again with the burner in line rx light comeing on when you tx sounds like some rf feed back in the set as long as it dosenot interfer with the tx you should be ok

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

rich 1
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:57 am

ok thanks for your help one more bit off advise i got a 50cm patch lead with it and i have read you should have a 90cm one any thoughts

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:07 pm

it says india on my tyres but they have never been there dont believe all you read

if it anit broke dont fix it

rich 1
Good Buddy
Good Buddy

Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:26 pm

:D ok thanks

porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:03 pm

stampman wrote:it says india on my tyres but they have never been there dont believe all you read

yep very true =D>