High see readings

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring

Moderator: stampman

Balertwine
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:38 pm

I removed my cb and siro antenna from my truck to fit I to newer model. I wired up to the same connections as some of my colleagues only to find out later that it was a 24v connection. The fuse had blown on the live wire by this time, but the cb lit up. I then bought a24v dropper and wired through this, the swr readings were 3 plus on both 1 and 40.... I earthed the guttermount, bought new anttena's but still high readings. I took my cb to a guy who tested it at his home and it worked fine. I then bought a magmount from him and tried that, the readings were even higher. The latest is I removed the cb, wired a cigar plug and tried that. The swr readings are now off the scale. I tried to earth the cb direct to the truck body, but it wouldn't even light up when I tried this. I am at my wits end, do you have any recommendations??? Midland Alan cb.

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:37 am

is it a 12/24 volt radio if not the cb needs looking at as the cig lighter in a truck is 24 volt and its possable a transistor in the transformer circ has blown

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

Balertwine
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:09 pm

The cb is 12v, the connection. I tried it connecting to 12v cigar point.

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:15 am

in a truck the cog lighter is 24v unless someone has wired it to the 12v dropper in the waggon manufacture's always wire them to 24volt

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

Balertwine
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Still got the high readings, but CB working good. Hearing my mates miles away, using a small (other company) cb.