mobile antenna for 2/70

General amateur radio advice and troubleshooting

Moderator: stampman

g4tgg
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi,
New member, first post, hope I get it all right.
Have been looking for an inconspicuous mag mounted 2/70 mobile antenna. The Thunderpole micro dual band mag kit at 19.99 looks to be just the job. The mag mount is only one inch diameter and I feel a bit wary. My past experience with mag mounts is with ones with a six inch or more base. Any one using or used this antenna and if so how did you find it worked out. Would like some comments before I commit.
Many thanks and cheers.
Gordon g4tgg

killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
CB Handle: killer cam

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:14 pm

I have not used one, Im not very familiar with there 70/2m antennas if you give them a call they will give you alot of advice

:D :D :D
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:26 am

have a mate who uses this antenna and gets good results from it

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

MichaelKal
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:45 am

So I have been doing the ham thing for a few years now. Mostly I use my mobile Yeasu radios in my work truck and XJ both with Larson NMO antennas. But, Ive wanted all along to have a base unit at home, mostly so I can monitor while working in the yard and garage. So, I picked up another FT-7800 thanks Mark, and Id like to get the most out of it in a more permanent install. I was leaning toward a Diamond X200a mounted up as high as I can get it. Will I see enough performance from this to justify its size and skip over the X50? Any suggestions for another brand or type of antenna? Any cable recommendations? Thanks for the help.
Sport nutrition here: https://www.sportzfuel.com/