midland 77 104 no power helllllp

Place to come if youre having technical issues, including mic wiring

Moderator: stampman

cbnovice18
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:20 pm

just bought a midland 77 104 from a boot sale unit and mic both look good condition however unit doesnt power i removed case and component side looks ok no damaged or visual wear and tear components but soldered side looks like it may have been left wet or in damp area as brown sh*t appears to be leaking from soldered joints in multiple areas probably causing a short so im cleaning the gunk off going to check all joints and resolder as req. but what components would i check first for no power fault ? i have a multimeter and super basic electronic knowledge but may be able to affect repair with some experienced guidance so what first thanks

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:44 am

go to the post office and buy stamps too send it to andy for repair easiest way other way get a wireing diagram and oscilloscope and follow the voltage then go to the post office and send to andy

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

cbnovice18
New to the Scene
New to the Scene

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:56 pm

cool as i say basic only here can change caps test components but scope is way beyond me where is andy located would it be cheaper to buy a new second hand or get this repaired ?
thanks

stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -

Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:03 am

get it repaired would be the cheapest option you buy second hand and could have problems again at least repaired you know its right

*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it

andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin

Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:01 am

Hi,

We are located in Northampton, but unfortunately we don't carry out repairs on non-warranty radios any more. Mainly due to lack of components available and the price of new radios coming down.

Andy.