I still can't an SWR low enough to let me transmit, and I'm all ears for any useful suggestions.
My setup:
Anytone 5555
Intek 520plus with car adaptor
Both are second hand but have been checked out by a local radio ham who says they are transmitting just fine. Power is good and frequency is ...
Search found 11 matches
- Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:37 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Starting from scratch
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1659
- Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:22 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: One step closer to a European wide FM/AM/SSB CEPT CB band
- Replies: 111
- Views: 39198
Re: One step closer to a European wide FM/AM/SSB CEPT CB ban
I'm going to get one of those anytone-5555 as soon as possible, they look great value and I've read nothing but good news since version 3.1 shipped. They attract some sneering from HAMs with more expensive kit but honestly I think they should be taking advantage of good cheap kit to make HAM more ...
- Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:15 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: So, if we get 12W SSB.....
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4048
Re: So, if we get 12W SSB.....
Great if you want to talk to the TA! I don't think the regular army has them any more.
- Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:24 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: So, if we get 12W SSB.....
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4048
Re: So, if we get 12W SSB.....
I have to admit I've done some googling but I haven't quite grasped it yet. I used to use the Clansman radios so I know what sort of noise they make - if it's similar then it shouldn't be a problem.
- Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:30 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: So, if we get 12W SSB.....
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4048
Re: So, if we get 12W SSB.....
hmm interesting 
So, is there a theoretical percentage increase in range? I realise that everything depends on local conditions but if you are achieving 5 miles at the moment, would you be able to predict a 10% increase in workable range? 20%? using SSB?
So, is there a theoretical percentage increase in range? I realise that everything depends on local conditions but if you are achieving 5 miles at the moment, would you be able to predict a 10% increase in workable range? 20%? using SSB?
- Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:30 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: So, if we get 12W SSB.....
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4048
So, if we get 12W SSB.....
What sort of difference is that likely to make in the range achievable?
Would we need different antennae?
fingers crossed!!!
Would we need different antennae?
fingers crossed!!!
- Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:58 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Groundplane and vehicle roof....
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4650
Re: Groundplane and vehicle roof....
Is your jeep a Cherokee (XJ) by any chance?
Anyway, I've moved the antenna and shoved the roof bars as far forward and back as they will go. Now I just need to get my hands on an SWR meter for long enough to check it all out.
Thanks for the help.
Morat
Anyway, I've moved the antenna and shoved the roof bars as far forward and back as they will go. Now I just need to get my hands on an SWR meter for long enough to check it all out.
Thanks for the help.
Morat
- Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:03 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Groundplane and vehicle roof....
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4650
Re: Groundplane and vehicle roof....
OK, thanks Stampman. The rear bar is only about six inches away at the moment, I'll move it forwards and see if it helps. I might move the base towards the centreline too - at the moment it is leaning slightly because the roof is curved.
- Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:41 pm
- Forum: 4x4 Owners
- Topic: Waht tyres are you all using?
- Replies: 32
- Views: 71031
Re: Waht tyres are you all using?
General Grabber AT2 - superb all rounders and snow rated too 
- Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:37 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Groundplane and vehicle roof....
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4650
Groundplane and vehicle roof....
Hi there, I'm brand new to CB so I'm a bit confused. My setup is an intek h-520 plus with a car adapter kit and a mag mount mini orbiter I bought from Thunderpole. At least I ordered a mini orbiter but it said Trucker 80 on the packet... I don't think there's a whole lot of difference.
I've stuck ...
I've stuck ...
- Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:29 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Hi from Yorkshire
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1608
Hi from Yorkshire
Just got a CB and a mobile antenna... thought I'd see if I'm doing it right!
I'm going to be pestering people with questions soon, so sorry in advance
I'm going to be pestering people with questions soon, so sorry in advance
