Search found 59 matches
- Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:43 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Maycom AH-27
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2073
Re: Maycom AH-27
Got an orbitor on the car and the rubber duck aerial on the maycom... it was just an idea really.... miles or metres ?
- Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:13 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Maycom AH-27
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2073
Maycom AH-27
Just purchased a Maycom AH-27 (for £35.00) on that auction site, which I thought was a good price. Got it today and its in mint condition, boxed with manuals and fake leather case etc...
Im quite chuffed with it too, a lot smaller than I expected...
Anybody had any experience with them ?
What ...
Im quite chuffed with it too, a lot smaller than I expected...
Anybody had any experience with them ?
What ...
- Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:56 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: New Radio Is Now Producing Interference Noise ?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3411
Re: New Radio Is Now Producing Interference Noise ?
Earth Straps ???
- Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:18 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: New Radio Is Now Producing Interference Noise ?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3411
New Radio Is Now Producing Interference Noise ?
I previously had a Team ME-4 which worked ok, without any intereference noise. I now have a Midland Alan 78 Plus Multi in the same car, mounted the same way, with the same antenna and is SWRed ok....
However, I now seem to have a lot of interference on the radio when I accelerate or switch on the ...
However, I now seem to have a lot of interference on the radio when I accelerate or switch on the ...
- Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:29 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: When It`s Raining !
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3698
When It`s Raining !
Is it just me or is there more activity on the airwaves when its raining...
Now is this due to better reception, due to the rain ???
Or is it just as simple as, due to rain nobody can do much else so jump onto their cb`s... ?
Jester
Now is this due to better reception, due to the rain ???
Or is it just as simple as, due to rain nobody can do much else so jump onto their cb`s... ?
Jester
- Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:15 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Antenna v Roof Box...?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2640
Antenna v Roof Box...?
How much would a roof box affect the performance of my orbitor antenna. The antenna is located on the roof towards the back of the vehicle and the roof box is...well on the roof !
Cheers,
Jester...
Cheers,
Jester...
- Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:14 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Midland 78 Plus Multi - Questions ?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3700
Re: Midland 78 Plus Multi - Questions ?
Should I open the unit up and spray this stuff around the channel selector ?
- Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:23 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Midland 78 Plus Multi - Questions ?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3700
Midland 78 Plus Multi - Questions ?
Just purchased a Midland Alan 78 Plus Multi from that auction site and now that I have fitted it in place am a bit miffed as the channel selector rotary switch seems to change 1 or 2 channels then stops. If I turn the unit off/on and use the scan function or up/down buttons on the mic, channels ...
- Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:41 pm
- Forum: 4x4 Owners
- Topic: Anybody Used One Of These ?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 19049
Re: Anybody Used One Of These ?
Would I get a proper earth from just filing away the paint on the bracket where it attatches to the bolts ? Or would I need to run an earth to the car body etc. Also I am looking to fit a wilson 1000 to the bracket what connections would you suggest ?
Cheers
Cheers
- Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:38 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Scotch Blocks ???
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6400
Re: Scotch Blocks ???
I understand what you are saying, but STAMPMAN is a CB God and I`m sure he must have come across this problem before.... Stampman can you expand on why it kids you into thinking power is getting through...
Is it supplying just enough power to light everything up etc. but not enough power to ...
Is it supplying just enough power to light everything up etc. but not enough power to ...
- Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:48 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Scotch Blocks ???
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6400
Re: Scotch Blocks ???
Ok nice one, cheers. Just been out and checked magmount for water ingress and looks clean as a whistle... hmmmm
Thanks again,
Thanks again,
- Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:44 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Scotch Blocks ???
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6400
Re: Scotch Blocks ???
Ah right, will check that... Can the cable be tested from end to end in any way... A continuity test with a meter maybe ?
- Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:38 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Scotch Blocks ???
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6400
Re: Scotch Blocks ???
Yes have SWRed ok, but not checked aerial coax. How would I check this ?
Regards,
Jester
Regards,
Jester
- Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:35 am
- Forum: 4x4 Owners
- Topic: Anybody Used One Of These ?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 19049
Anybody Used One Of These ?
Anybody out there used one of these and if so, how have you connected your antenna, cabling etc...
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm94/mstaines/bracket.jpg
Im thinking of getting one and running cable into car via rubber grommet that currently takes windscreen wiper cable....
Regards,
The ...
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm94/mstaines/bracket.jpg
Im thinking of getting one and running cable into car via rubber grommet that currently takes windscreen wiper cable....
Regards,
The ...
- Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:18 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Scotch Blocks ???
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6400
Scotch Blocks ???
I recently read a post by Stampman, regarding "Scotch Blocks" and am now wondering if I may have a problem.
This is how I have connected my rig upto the power in my Freelander...
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm94/mstaines/P4091745.jpg
... And am still not convinced I am transmitting ...
This is how I have connected my rig upto the power in my Freelander...
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm94/mstaines/P4091745.jpg
... And am still not convinced I am transmitting ...
