Hi pda,
will you be at the OLLR OED this weekend, all being well my cb should arrived tomorrow so I'll need some tips :D
H H H
no sorry not going
Paul
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god ...
Search found 14 matches
- Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:00 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: channel 19 calling
- Replies: 14
- Views: 5306
- Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:21 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: best aerial
- Replies: 19
- Views: 7806
Re: best aerial
thanks for your answers but I wanted to know about the aerials I have not buy another one
Paul
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god...........then brake...........................
Paul
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god...........then brake...........................
- Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:57 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: miranda model 175
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4284
Re: miranda model 175
pictures always help
this is the said item..............
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/bussman/DSC03398.jpg
how do you use the matcher :?
cheers Paul
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god ...
this is the said item..............
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/bussman/DSC03398.jpg
how do you use the matcher :?
cheers Paul
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god ...
- Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:40 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: miranda model 175
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4284
Re: miranda model 175
well checked the swr today again..........
channel 19.swr is 1.4
channel 40.swr is 2.0
channel 01. swr is 1.2 so the trucker aerial is good................
on the other hand the cherokee mag-mounted on my bonnet the swr is about 3.2 on all 3 channels.... :shock: :shock: now is it cos I have a ...
channel 19.swr is 1.4
channel 40.swr is 2.0
channel 01. swr is 1.2 so the trucker aerial is good................
on the other hand the cherokee mag-mounted on my bonnet the swr is about 3.2 on all 3 channels.... :shock: :shock: now is it cos I have a ...
- Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:32 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: midland 38..trouble or not..
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2367
Re: midland 38..trouble or not..
tried with swr meter the aerial is fine............
channel 19...swr is 1.4
channel 40... swr is 2.0
channel 01...swr is 1.1
so the aerial is good I did speak to someone the other day & I have heard people on other channels ranging from channel 01 to channel 22 & even a Italian on euro channel 34 ...
channel 19...swr is 1.4
channel 40... swr is 2.0
channel 01...swr is 1.1
so the aerial is good I did speak to someone the other day & I have heard people on other channels ranging from channel 01 to channel 22 & even a Italian on euro channel 34 ...
- Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:30 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: channel 19 calling
- Replies: 14
- Views: 5306
channel 19 calling
as the title says.............................
I'm new to cb's now I think I know the basics its just............
on my daily drive to work I leave my cb on channel 19.
now what is the best calling sentence, is it ... "19 for a copy" or "19 for a roger" or "breaker breaker 19" I'm calling but no ...
I'm new to cb's now I think I know the basics its just............
on my daily drive to work I leave my cb on channel 19.
now what is the best calling sentence, is it ... "19 for a copy" or "19 for a roger" or "breaker breaker 19" I'm calling but no ...
- Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:45 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: miranda model 175
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4284
Re: miranda model 175
well I used the miranda 175 this dinner time at work........
my gutter mounted trucker 80 is at 1.5 :D I did talk to some one as well dinner time to see how strong I was on air He said very good.
I also have a Cherokee on a magmount with a splitter for my cd/radio..the cd/radio picks up every ...
my gutter mounted trucker 80 is at 1.5 :D I did talk to some one as well dinner time to see how strong I was on air He said very good.
I also have a Cherokee on a magmount with a splitter for my cd/radio..the cd/radio picks up every ...
- Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:10 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: miranda model 175
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4284
miranda model 175
hi there, has anybody got instructions for how to use the said swr meter...Miranda Model 175
its got the scale....swr/fs
its got slide.... level adjustment
a switch for..... matcher or swr/fs
a switch for..... fwd or ref
then two knobs one marked "tune" the other "load"
now how do I use it ...
its got the scale....swr/fs
its got slide.... level adjustment
a switch for..... matcher or swr/fs
a switch for..... fwd or ref
then two knobs one marked "tune" the other "load"
now how do I use it ...
- Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:44 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: midland 38..trouble or not..
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2367
Re: midland 38..trouble or not..
I am going to check the swr once my new swr meter turns up this week.
Paul
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god.....................then brake..........................
Paul
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god.....................then brake..........................
- Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:03 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Hello everyone
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2170
Re: Hello everyone
thanks everyone for the welcome
mad house/funny farm bring it on
Paul
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god.................then brake............................
mad house/funny farm bring it on
Paul
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god.................then brake............................
- Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:30 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: best aerial
- Replies: 19
- Views: 7806
best aerial
I have 3 aerials to use if I need now what one would be best.............
1. trucker 80..................shortest
2. cherokee....................middle size about 4 ft
3. the modulator.................longest about 5 ft
so far I have tried all 3 & they seem the same :| :|
cheers Paul ...
1. trucker 80..................shortest
2. cherokee....................middle size about 4 ft
3. the modulator.................longest about 5 ft
so far I have tried all 3 & they seem the same :| :|
cheers Paul ...
- Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:25 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: midland 38..trouble or not..
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2367
midland 38..trouble or not..
as the title says......................
I have a midland 38 in my series landrover, I have been trying to talk/chat to others on my way to work 3 days this week, on channel 19 my daily drive is 12 miles on country roads along side the A14 Ipswich to Stowmarket Suffolk.
about every mile or so I try ...
I have a midland 38 in my series landrover, I have been trying to talk/chat to others on my way to work 3 days this week, on channel 19 my daily drive is 12 miles on country roads along side the A14 Ipswich to Stowmarket Suffolk.
about every mile or so I try ...
- Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:31 am
- Forum: 4x4 Owners
- Topic: Waht tyres are you all using?
- Replies: 32
- Views: 71031
Re: Waht tyres are you all using?
I use 7.50x16" old skool tyres on my series landrover.......great sound from them on the road 8) 8)
Paul
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god.........then brake.............................
Paul
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god.........then brake.............................
- Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:22 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Hello everyone
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2170
Hello everyone
Hello everyone
I'm Paul & new here & new to cb's too...so I'm new new :D :D
I've just fitted a secondhand Midland 38 rig in my series landrover...I have not gone live on air yet so to speak but will try tomorrow. now I have my cb radio working as it should..
Paul ...
I'm Paul & new here & new to cb's too...so I'm new new :D :D
I've just fitted a secondhand Midland 38 rig in my series landrover...I have not gone live on air yet so to speak but will try tomorrow. now I have my cb radio working as it should..
Paul ...
