Search found 12 matches
- Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:50 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Daylight Saving Question
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2120
Re: Daylight Saving Question
OK, I'm thinking American. Founding father, philosopher, inventor, all round clever dude, 1780's... Although he only suggested getting up earlier rather than actually changing the clocks. We had to wait another 120 years for that one.
- Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:49 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Daylight Saving Question
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2120
Re: Daylight Saving Question
Invented? Or first enacted?
Or first proposed a kinda similar idea?
Or first proposed a kinda similar idea?
- Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:14 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Daylight Saving Question
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2120
Re: Daylight Saving Question
'twas a wartime invention wasn't it? First world war (possibly?). My Nan used to tell me about when they had Double Summer Time in WWII for a few years. That must've REALLY confused the cows.
Wiki? Or is that cheating?
OK, I've Wiki'd it, but I really think that's cheating. But I do now know more ...
Wiki? Or is that cheating?
OK, I've Wiki'd it, but I really think that's cheating. But I do now know more ...
- Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:03 pm
- Forum: Lorry Drivers
- Topic: Calling all truckers!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 24073
Calling all truckers!
OK, I'm not a lorry driver but I figure you guys are the ones I'm going to spend most time talking to...
So what channel do you hang out on? 16? UK?
Been eavesdropping (I'm sure that's a bit rude) this last week - that scanner function's handy - on the commute and have mostly picked up "Here we go ...
So what channel do you hang out on? 16? UK?
Been eavesdropping (I'm sure that's a bit rude) this last week - that scanner function's handy - on the commute and have mostly picked up "Here we go ...
- Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:51 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: hi
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2999
Re: hi
Welcome, welcome. 
- Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:23 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: CB WORD ASSOCIATION GAME
- Replies: 3488
- Views: 808536
Re: CB WORD ASSOCIATION GAME
Archer
- Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:11 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Motorcycle rig - improvements...
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1322
Motorcycle rig - improvements...
Hi there guys,
As you may (or may not) have seen in Introduce Yourself, I've just started running a motorcycle rig, consisting of Midland 42 handheld (clipped to jacket, I'm gonna rig up something to put it inside my fairing sometime) connected to an in-helmet headphone set & handlebar PTT supplied ...
As you may (or may not) have seen in Introduce Yourself, I've just started running a motorcycle rig, consisting of Midland 42 handheld (clipped to jacket, I'm gonna rig up something to put it inside my fairing sometime) connected to an in-helmet headphone set & handlebar PTT supplied ...
- Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:51 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Hi from sunny swansea
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3429
Re: Hi from sunny swansea
Hi Dromengro, welcome in. 
- Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:31 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: NEW Thunderpole User Map
- Replies: 26
- Views: 67818
Re: NEW Thunderpole User Map
Please add me too!! 
- Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:39 am
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Hello!
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4504
Re: Hello!
Ah. Not telling. [-X he he.
Well, got the headset sorted out this morning, so all powered up and ready to go... That's the beauty of the handhelds, no need to spend days and days making up brackets etc, just velcro the PTT switch to the handlebar, clip the unit to your belt, connect all the ...
Well, got the headset sorted out this morning, so all powered up and ready to go... That's the beauty of the handhelds, no need to spend days and days making up brackets etc, just velcro the PTT switch to the handlebar, clip the unit to your belt, connect all the ...
- Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:52 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Hello!
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4504
Re: Hello!
Thanks for the welcomes all. :D
fatfinger, I won't be trying to unravel all that just yet... I've a suspicion at least some of it is rude.
It'll be a while before I get the rig set up on the bike, but a few mates of mine have been using CBs for years 'n' years, so I've plenty of backup - and ...
fatfinger, I won't be trying to unravel all that just yet... I've a suspicion at least some of it is rude.
It'll be a while before I get the rig set up on the bike, but a few mates of mine have been using CBs for years 'n' years, so I've plenty of backup - and ...
- Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:01 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Hello!
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4504
Hello!
Hi all, I'm Anna, I'm new to CB - am just getting myself set up for mobile use on my motorcycle. Have invested in an Alan (Midland??) 42 and helmet kit.
Don't know any of the jargon or anything - gentle introduction required please!! [-o<
See, I don't even understand this Midland/Alan thing...
Don't know any of the jargon or anything - gentle introduction required please!! [-o<
See, I don't even understand this Midland/Alan thing...
