got the sirio 4000 this week and drilled the hole today so i could fit it to the roof of my landy.
its a big one just over 6', i thought i had it swr in but realised i had the power down realy low
will have another go in the morning and see if i can get out any where.
how do you break in on a DX ...
Search found 34 matches
- Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:03 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: help please
- Replies: 39
- Views: 12001
- Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:17 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: K40
- Replies: 31
- Views: 10079
Re: K40
stampman wrote:yes you can do that make sure you use 2 x pl259 and 1 double ended so239*
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
A PL258 even.

- Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:37 am
- Forum: Homebase CB Radios
- Topic: Burner
- Replies: 82
- Views: 128214
Re: Burner
Can I just say, that if you look at the post at the top of the page that you are all replying to, it is March 2008, not March 2009.
- Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:33 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: help please
- Replies: 39
- Views: 12001
Re: help please
You won't find any arguements over that, best mic going.jonny66 wrote: also found my old tear drop astatic mic in the loft, will have to dust that of!!
- Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:47 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: help please
- Replies: 39
- Views: 12001
Re: help please
thanks guys
ive checked out both on line.
is the wilson worth the extra £60 i assume as every thing you get what you pay for!!
No, it isn't . However I think you've probably looked at the Wilson with magmount included price and the Sirio 4000 without magmount. I think it's about a £40 ...
ive checked out both on line.
is the wilson worth the extra £60 i assume as every thing you get what you pay for!!
No, it isn't . However I think you've probably looked at the Wilson with magmount included price and the Sirio 4000 without magmount. I think it's about a £40 ...
- Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:38 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: K40
- Replies: 31
- Views: 10079
Re: K40
in the k40 i have had a lot of trouble in the past getting the swr right if the cable has been shortened puts the swr well out where as all other antenna you can swr on 12" or wired with no problem
:D :D :D :D *King* *King* *King*
Changing the coax shouldn't adjust the swr, this must just be ...
:D :D :D :D *King* *King* *King*
Changing the coax shouldn't adjust the swr, this must just be ...
- Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:55 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: K40
- Replies: 31
- Views: 10079
Re: K40
What makes you say that. Surely the coax shouldn't make any difference.stampman wrote:k 40 very dependent on length of coax atached as well
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
- Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:00 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: K40
- Replies: 31
- Views: 10079
Re: K40
Just looked at the price on the Thunderpole website, that Wilson is a mighty expensive antenna for a mobile whip with integrated magmount.stampman wrote:noo and wilson 100 or sirio 4000
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
- Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:32 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Wilson 5000 Trucker
- Replies: 21
- Views: 7274
Re: Wilson 5000 Trucker
hi roadhog i thought this antenna would be realy good but its not as good as i thought. it just doesnt live up to what other guys say
about it so now i take the antron 99 when static mobile i even bought the magmount with it the sirio one ..maybe i will try again in the summer :?
You're the first ...
about it so now i take the antron 99 when static mobile i even bought the magmount with it the sirio one ..maybe i will try again in the summer :?
You're the first ...
- Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:28 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: frequency expansion Midland 48 Excel
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4904
Re: frequency expansion Midland 48 Excel
Hi there,
Does anyone know of the correct procedure for freq expansion for the Midland 48 Excel; The reason I ask is I have found a german post through mods.dk, which suggests its a case of just moving the jumpers to suit the type of expansion you require labelled s1 thru s4. Ive looked at ...
Does anyone know of the correct procedure for freq expansion for the Midland 48 Excel; The reason I ask is I have found a german post through mods.dk, which suggests its a case of just moving the jumpers to suit the type of expansion you require labelled s1 thru s4. Ive looked at ...
- Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:14 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Wilson 5000 Trucker
- Replies: 21
- Views: 7274
Re: Wilson 5000 Trucker
Why?porky.69 wrote:hi i wish id gone for the wilson 5000 antenna now instead of the sirio 4000
- Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:22 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Amps
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3706
Re: Amps
Thanks bonedome & stampy for your not so helpfull replies, but the good news is I ignored you and ordered one on line from T*K, who do advertise them on their website. The reason I asked was, it was a last minute decision and I was going to be in the Northampton vicinity today and wanted to pick one ...
- Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:23 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Amps
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3706
Amps
Do Thunderpole sell amps? I can't see anything listed on their website.
- Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:09 pm
- Forum: Scanners and Receivers
- Topic: Shortwave Radio
- Replies: 4
- Views: 17367
Re: Shortwave Radio
I like the look of the Eddystone, much nicer than the new one. I used to be in to SWL in the '70s, I had a single valve radio that run off of a 90v battery and then progressed on to a proper multi valve radio. Same as you, a long wire aerial, which is the best and simplest, accepting that it is ...
- Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:53 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Midland 98+ - No startup beeps
- Replies: 13
- Views: 11619
Re: Midland 98+ - No startup beeps
damp should not affect it unless you have been useing it when scuba diveing if so then you have a problem other wise damp does not affect them
:D :D :D :D *King* *King*
I disagree, I've left rigs in the car overnight for long periods during the winter and they do suffer on the modulation. A ...
:D :D :D :D *King* *King*
I disagree, I've left rigs in the car overnight for long periods during the winter and they do suffer on the modulation. A ...
